wmllint Errors

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
obnoxiousman

wmllint Errors

Post by obnoxiousman »

I was just using wmllint on my campaing and it came up with a strange error:

Code: Select all

"/home/zed/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons/The_Brotherhood/scenarios/01_Honoring_the_Alliance.cfg", line 28: Spearman is not a known unit type
"/home/zed/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons/The_Brotherhood/scenarios/01_Honoring_the_Alliance.cfg", line 28: Bowman is not a known unit type
"/home/zed/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons/The_Brotherhood/scenarios/01_Honoring_the_Alliance.cfg", line 28: Cavalryman is not a known unit type
"/home/zed/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons/The_Brotherhood/scenarios/01_Honoring_the_Alliance.cfg", line 28: Horseman is not a known unit type
"/home/zed/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons/The_Brotherhood/scenarios/01_Honoring_the_Alliance.cfg", line 28: Peasant is not a known unit type
"/home/zed/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons/The_Brotherhood/scenarios/01_Honoring_the_Alliance.cfg", line 44: Dwarvish Fighter is not a known unit type
"/home/zed/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons/The_Brotherhood/scenarios/01_Honoring_the_Alliance.cfg", line 44: Dwarvish Gaurdsman is not a known unit type
"/home/zed/.wesnoth1.8/data/add-ons/The_Brotherhood/scenarios/01_Honoring_the_Alliance.cfg", line 44: Dwarvish Thunderer is not a known unit type
Anybody know how to fix it?
Thanks!
"Oh, Hamlet, thou hast cleft my heart in twain!" --William (Bill) Shakespeare, Hamlet
I made The Brotherhood of Wesnoth, a super fun (and incomplete) Campaign!
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Re: wmllint Errors

Post by Alarantalara »

Add the path to the core wesnoth files as another parameter before the path to your addon.

Edit: The post after mine reminded me of something. Any error messages like these that remain after you have added the core path indicate that you have probably misspelled the unit in question and you'll need to go to that line and correct it to the unit you wanted.
Last edited by Alarantalara on November 9th, 2010, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: wmllint Errors

Post by Astoria »

And, it's Guardsman.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.