Wesnoth User Made Content IDE [2.0.3]

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.

What's your usage of the UMC IDE?

I don't use it, but I plan to.
42%
I don't use it and I don't plan to.
26%
I use it seldom
18%
I use it regularly.
14%

Total votes: 57

uncleshelby

Re: Wesnoth Eclipse User Made Content Plugin [2.0.0]

Post by uncleshelby »

I just installed this plugin in Eclipse. I mostly didn't use it earlier because the lack of vim-power in eclipse, but with a plugin. :shock: This is gonna be good! Thanks a lot for this.
Timshel
Max

Post by Max »

Max wrote:- open declaration doesn't work for macros defined within a campaign if they have params (at least it was working for 3 macros without params)
not true - after some further testing there's no such pattern. some work, some don't, including mainline macros.

i guess you're aware of that but is there anything we can help?

menu entry "validate" on open cfg files seems to be broken.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I just downloaded the standalone, but I'm not sure what paths are the proper ones to enter in the initial setup, is there a guide anywhere? I'm using ubuntu and 1.10
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I remember it was something that took me a while to figure out. I think the add-on paths are simply the path to the add-ons folder and to the installed version is usr/share/, but it is possible that it was something more complex.

However, I haven't figured out how to open existing campaigns with it, and whether it is useful for doing more complex things than just setting the properties of the player's side, of the enemy side, and some start/end/death dialogues.
Also, can it be used to upload things for 1.11 to trunk? Because 1.11 seems to upload to the 1.10 server, even if there are add-ons in the trunk, separate of the 1.9/1.10 add-ons.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

The "trunk" server is some mystical thing, a remnant of some sort. As of now, the 1.11 version does use the 1.9/1.10 add-on server, and you can also download from that server. Once this gets changed, 1.11 will use a dedicated 1.11 add-on server (which probably will become the server for 1.12 as well).
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I thought the trunk add-ons are simply add-ons for 1.11. Because it is kinda weird that it shares server with 1.10, regarding the changes in WML that can make things work differently. I have tried to minimise the use of things that are different, but I cannot use the features of 1.11 yet if I was about to make a split.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Well, you can work around it with #ifver:

Code: Select all

#ifver WESNOTH_VERSION >= 1.11.0-svn
... do stuff for 1.11 ...
#else
... do stuff for 1.10 ...
#endif
And, yes, it is kind of weird that the 1.11 add-on server is not yet running; but let's hope it does run when 1.11.0 gets released. :)
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
orangebox

Post by orangebox »

If i'm reading correctly, I can use this to 'script' my faction - correct?

I've downloaded it, but I have no idea where "Python executable path" goes to ._.
alexanderthegre

Post by alexanderthegre »

orangebox wrote:If i'm reading correctly, I can use this to 'script' my faction - correct?

I've downloaded it, but I have no idea where "Python executable path" goes to ._.
If you're on windows, you need to install python. (python.org). Otherwise it's something like /bin/python.
tuggyne

Post by tuggyne »

I decided to upgrade to 2.0.0, but had no end of trouble getting it to work in Eclipse 3.8 (it silently errored out in all kinds of stupid ways), so I finally gave up and installed the standalone version. Which works fine so far, except that WML tools no longer have any UI accessible. What's up with that?
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

Currently I am wrestling with Eclipse's autoupdate feature. If I release a new update, and you guys autoupdate (as oposed to getting the new version from the website - that is, downloading the whole archive again), the IDE won't work anymore :D

The fixes are in the trunk, but I'm trying to find a way to make the autoupdate work fine.
Wesnoth User Made Content IDE/Plugin - an easier way of developing new content for Wesnoth.
timotei
Inactive Developer

Wesnoth User Made Content IDE [2.0.1]

Post by timotei »

Good News! I managed to get that auto-update fixed with a simple script on all OSes where the IDE is supported.

Now, I shall oficially release the version 2.0.1.

The changelog for the new version is:
  • * Fixed the ``WML Tools" menu not appearing on the projects context menu.
    * Fixed the highlighting of the #endif preprocessor define.
    * The projects cannot be created anymore until a default is created and selected in the wizard.
    * Changed the directory where the IDE stores its cache to: ``$home/.wesnoth_umcide".
    * The path for the Wesnoth binary is now automatically set correctly when using Mac OS X.
So, you can use the Help -> Check for updates functionality, or you can download the new archive directly.

If you have just used the auto-update mechanism, and after the restart the IDE doesn't start anymore, then you can use a simple script to fix it. Just go to the download page (http://eclipse.wesnoth.org/download.html) and download the "Post-Update fix" script for your Operating System and execute it. Place it on the same level with the UMC IDE binary (wesnoth_umc_dev), and run it. Now the IDE should start fine.

Also, Please vote on the poll I have created; I want to see some statistics regarding the IDE usage :)

Thanks,
Timo
Wesnoth User Made Content IDE/Plugin - an easier way of developing new content for Wesnoth.
tuggyne

Re: Wesnoth User Made Content IDE [2.0.1]

Post by tuggyne »

timotei wrote:If you have just used the auto-update mechanism, and after the restart the IDE doesn't start anymore, then you can use a simple script to fix it. Just go to the download page (http://eclipse.wesnoth.org/download.html) and download the "Post-Update fix" script for your Operating System and execute it. Place it on the same level with the UMC IDE binary (wesnoth_umc_dev), and run it. Now the IDE should start fine.
Auto-update in standalone didn't seem to want to work (it gives an error that "There were no installable units selected when the plan was computed." without allowing me to attempt an update), and running the script failed initially too; apparently the relative path didn't work out for some reason on Windows (Vista). After I adjusted the script, update still gave the same error.

Installing a freshly downloaded copy works fine otherwise, though, notably showing WML Tools.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

I downloaded the latest version, and tried to run it, but I don't get it to work.
JRE_error.png
I use Windows 7, and JRE is installed.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
timotei
Inactive Developer

Post by timotei »

Adamant14 wrote:I downloaded the latest version, and tried to run it, but I don't get it to work.
JRE_error.png
I use Windows 7, and JRE is installed.
You either install JRE/JDK on 64 bit, or download and use the 32 bit (the x86, not x86_64 archive) version of the ide.