How to make scenario playable?(in single player atleast)

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
SkyOne

Re: How to make scenario playable?(in single player atleast)

Post by SkyOne »

alluton wrote:
SkyOne wrote: 7. Missing {~add-ons/Rebellion/scenarios} on the main file inside of #ifdef and #endif. It is very important to define your scenario.

9. As I said, you need "type=any unit-type" in the both [side] tags. (you might need "id" and "name" also.)

If you fix those 1-9 correctly and install your campaign folder with the right folder name in the right folder, it will probably work, but what boru said is also important to recruit units. You ought to install the objectives for the game-play in the prestart [event] that you have had already, but missing it does not make any errors.

Hopefully, those will help you.
these 3 i didnt get yet.( i fexed the others tought.)
Okay.

7. For the future of your campaign, writing like this is wise on the main file:

Code: Select all

#ifdef CAMPAIGN_REBELLION
    [binary_path]
        path=data/add-ons/Rebellion
    [/binary_path]
    {~add-ons/Rebellion/utils}
    [+units]
        {~add-ons/Rebellion/units}
    [/units]
    {~add-ons/Rebellion/scenarios} #you really need this one at this moment.
#endif
9. Your side tag ought to be something like this (the same thing for side=2):

Code: Select all

[side]
[ai]
villages_per_scout=12
[/ai]
side=1
    type=Spearman # This is just an example.
    id=Alluton # missing id does not make an error on your current edition, but it had better be here because it's your leader unit. 
    name= _ "Alluton" # if you do not plan to translate the name, write just name=Alluton. This is just an example, so you can change it to any name. 
canrecruit=yes
controller=human
team_name=north
user_team_name= _ "teamname^North"
fog=no
    recruit= # list the unit types to be recruited. Then you will probably need some amount of GOLD and INCOME in the same tag.
[/side]
Actually, a random name will be given on the current BfW, so you do not really have to install a name for side=2 if it is not necessary. But you really need "type=" to avoid an error.

And the last one:
I meant to make sure your campaign (add-on) folder-name which is Rebellion, and to install it in the add-on folder of BfW 1.8 on your computer.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
alluton

Re: How to make scenario playable?(in single player atleast)

Post by alluton »

thnx for 7.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash