DEFENSE (and AIKIDO ability)

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Lyrax

Re: DEFENSE (and AIKIDO ability)

Post by Lyrax »

I'm a decent writer. I can help you write the stories and flavor texts in English. Are you using translation software?

Je pense que votre Anglais est aussi mauvais que mon Français!
Enchanteur

Post by Enchanteur »

Lyrax wrote:I'm a decent writer. I can help you write the stories and flavor texts in English. Are you using translation software?

Hello.. I write very well too, but in french ! :)
I had writed SF storys, humourous storys, and created extensions for magic the gathering.

About what you wrote : it's not only a question to be able making beautiful sentences and goods words.
Look, you wrote :
Although a dryad in a forest may appear to be solitary or lonely, the fact of the matter is that they are rarely unattended, though they are masters at hiding their cohorts with the thick vegetation of forest life. When you see a lone dryad, it's only because you haven't yet seen who she is hiding.

Here, there is much more than just writring well. You found the exact "good" story. It's inventive, creative and with a spiritual idea. This description is your best i think. Others are goods too, and viewed from an english level like mine, it look like litterature.
So if you have more ideas, you can put it, because i will include descriptions at the last moment when rest of the work is done. You have time to re-write what you want if you find best.

I like write too and tell storys but i don't have time because coding AND : the units and abilitys themselves tell storys, so I think it's better than another one write descriptions, because it add more than the view I allready have.

For the abilitys name, it's important to have the good name now because, i code with it (for now, i must rewrite unit's I made with good names).

Can you finish the ability's please ? with the short description (with +"+{VALUE}+" ) when needed.
So description will be :

For all abilitys :

1 Short description : technical and simple, just give information to the player about gameplay and stats. no flavour.

Empty line

1 long description : storys you make with the "+++" abilitys. Long descriptions are facultatives and i just indicated the ability's that really need it with the "+++".

Last evening i worked late to do my best to rewrite unit's in a recapitulative worksheet with all stats and abilitys but it's a long work and I couldnt end it in one evening. So I will post it next week and will create a new thread in forum "translation" or "factions" more probably.
Then it will be time to "balance" unit's, and create the descriptions.

last moment :
I must include an new ability for the elvish hunter:
WEAPON_SPECIAL_WOODTRAPP VALUE_DAMAGE VALUE_HIT
-> new range "trapp", so no counter attack, have always SLOW.
it look like this :
attack : 10-1 "trapp" WEAPON_SPECIAL_WOODTRAPP 12 60
If done in a forest ---> and 12 to damage and chance to hit are always 60%.
in all case, add SLOW to effects.

For this : WEAPON_SPECIAL_MASTERY, WEAPON_SPECIAL_ABILITY, WEAPON_SPECIAL_FEINT, WEAPON_SPECIAL_MAGIC, WEAPON_SPECIAL_MYSTIC, WEAPON_SPECIAL_PSYCHIC.

I make only This now :
WEAPON_SPECIAL_MYSTIC_ATT
WEAPON_SPECIAL_MYSTIC_DEF
WEAPON_SPECIAL_MYSTIC (both)
and
WEAPON_SPECIAL_MASTERY_ATT
WEAPON_SPECIAL_MASTERY_DEF
WEAPON_SPECIAL_MASTERY (both)

Thanks again for this great work
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0
Enchanteur

Post by Enchanteur »

Lyrax wrote:I'm a decent writer. I can help you write the stories and flavor texts in English. Are you using translation software?

Hello, I'm sorry for this waiting, but edit the worksheet of stats of my new units take more time I expected.
For now, there is a full list with stats and abilities, but I'm still adding Weapons specials, and after, I will need to look again for balacing, maybe remove some abilities, or update stats because i realised that the units are underpowered at this time.
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0