Insane Hermit bugs

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Re: Insane Hermit bugs

Post by EvilEarl »

This is a really embarrassing position for me, I spent a year and a half not thinking about this campaign and then finally start rewriting it in the last few months.

I'm mostly having trouble with making it work, at first I got only a "scenario not found" error and after a discussion with Espreon and shadowmaster I modified the main file to their advice and probably messed up a couple things on my own and now a different huge error is coming up.
Insane_Hermit.tar.gz
(507.79 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
I'm trying to figure this out the best that I can but those who would like to look at it and put in your two cents of wml knowledge are free to do so. Beyond the main file everything should probably work.
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Change those file paths:
{@data/add-ons/Insane_Hermit/scenarios/utils.cfg} -> {~data/add-ons/Insane_Hermit/scenarios/utils.cfg}

etc
(can pretty much be it)
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

OK, I attached a working version.

Here's what I did; things marked with an asterisk were necessary:

- Ran wmlindent
- Removed a bunch of Thumbs.db files
- Renamed your campaign's definition to CAMPAIGN_INSANE_HERMIT
- Renamed all instances of "{@campaigns/" to "{~add-ons/" *
- Renamed all instances of "{@data/add-ons/" to "{~add-ons/" *
- Gave all of your map files the ".map" extension.*
- Removed your external-data directory; updated references*
- Removed redundant includes, added an include for your macros directory; moved your includes before the scenario includes (stuff should be included before the stuff that uses it is included).*
- Corrected your MOVE_UNIT calls; you were giving them two arguments like "id x,y=x,y"; MOVE_UNIT expects "filter x y" (like "id=mu 1 1"); you were also giving the first argument things like "Insane Hermit" instead of ""Insane Hermit"" (the first is treated as two different arguments).*
- Defined SOUND_LIST:LIGHTNING in a sound-utils.cfg in your "macros" directory*
- Commented out a PLACE_IMAGE call in 02_Breaking_The_Fourth_Wave.cfg, line sixty-two (you didn't specify an image)*
- Gave your QUAKE calls a sound argument; killed [sound] codeblocks right after your QUAKE calls*
- Renamed all instances of "WEAPON_SPECIAL_SLOWS" to "WEAPON_SPECIAL_SLOW"*
- Renamed all instances of "SPECIAL_NOTES_SLOWS" to "SPECIAL_NOTES_SLOW"*
- Renamed your "Epilogue units" directory to "Epilogue_units"*
- Removed translation marks from empty strings (this would break gettext, apparently); I only saw them in the epilogue and didn't bother to look through things other than using Notepad++'s find in files feature, so you might want to hunt for more.*
- Possibly more
Attachments
Insane_Hermit.zip
(466.52 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Post by EvilEarl »

. . .

I am truly in your debt. Hell, all the work you did deserves a special mention in the description.

I'll get to balancing this and hopefully I'll get it on the server in a few days.
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.