Another question about the sighted [event]

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
SkyOne

Another question about the sighted [event]

Post by SkyOne »

Hi, I have a question about the way to use portraits/images in the default-campaigns. Could anyone please tell me the way is fine or not?
If I use:

Code: Select all

background="data/campaigns/Heir_To_The_Throne/images/story/httt_story7.jpg"
instead of using my story folder, it still shows fine. I know that we are under GPL, but I would like to make sure for the manner of it. (I have never seen so far doing this in UMC.)

Also, as the portraits for a unit:

profile="data/campaigns/Legend_of_Wesmere/images/portraits/uradredia.png"
The reason why I am asking is just to make my campaign-size smaller. Actually, that is all.
Advise or comment me, please!

p.s. wow!! 1.6 released? I just finished testing mine in 1.5.14 last night. :sad: But I appreciate developers. :smile:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The subject has been changed from "The way to use portraits/images in the default-campaign", then "About Fog Clearer".
Last edited by SkyOne on April 17th, 2009, 9:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
turin
Lord of the East

Re: The way to use portraits/images in the default-campaigns.

Post by turin »

SkyOne wrote:p.s. wow!! 1.6 released? I just finished testing mine in 1.5.14 last night. :sad: But I appreciate developers. :smile:
1.5.14 is pretty much the same as 1.6 anyway, except for a bit more art and bugfixes; there's no WML differences between the two, any WML that works with one will work with the other.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
SkyOne

About Fog Clearer.

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks, Turin.:smile:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question about "Fog Clearer" in general.
I am using "Fog Clearer" in one of my scenarios, then I have been curious why the movement of Fog Clearer is equal to one. I mean why not "movement=0".

Could anyone please tell me that it means anything?
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
DEATH_is_undead

Re: About Fog Clearer.

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

I think, a while back, there couldn't be a movement 0 unit... But I'm not sure. I only recently started seeing movement=0 units.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

DEATH_is_undead wrote:a while back, there couldn't be a movement 0 unit
Oh, okay. That might be the reason why. Its work is still on progress probably. Because its "movement_type=fly", it is able to be everywhere even I edit map-terrain to deep water. I will modify it.
Thanks, and good to see (talk to) you!
You are my "brain clearer" today.:wink:

P.S. I meant that the image of "Bacon Bacon" was pretty good also.:smile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
I wrote:Could anyone please tell me that it means anything?
Okay, now, I found out that it effects its radius of clearing fog. If the movement is equal to zero, the radius of clearing fog is only one, so it means that, right?
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

yeah, that's exactly the reason. if movement=0, the fog clearer would only affect fog on its own hex, which is relatively useless. With movement=1, it clears the fog immediately adjacent to it.
--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks, OSJ.:wink:

------------------------------------------------------Next Question----------------------------------------------------

This is a new question.

I am testing own, then struggling for the sighted [event]. The code is:

[event]
        name=sighted
        [filter]
            id=Gulder
            side=2
            x=20
            y=10
        [/filter]
        [message]
            id=Ameck
            message= _ "Here is Gulder, right there!!"
        [/message]
	     [music]
	         name=frantic.ogg
	         play_once=yes
        [/music]
        --then some [message] tugs--
    [/event]
Once, it did work fine, but another time, it did not work at all.
Could anyone tell me how I am able to make it works consistently? Do I have to use the [filter_vision] tug?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Another question about the sighted [event]

Post by zookeeper »

The word is tag, not tug.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

zookeeper wrote:The word is tag, not tug.
Oops!! It is so embarrassing. I have been using it for a long time. Thanks, zookeeper. You were the first person who pointed it.:smile:

Edit: Also, the speaking of Ameck is grammatically wrong in the code tag, but it will be fixed when the campaign is published.

P.S. The problem is not solved, yet.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Why are you using id, side and x,y in the filter? I think that id is enought, especially if Gulder can move.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

mich wrote:Why are you using id, side and x,y in the filter? I think that id is enought,
Good point.:smile: because Gulder will disappear after the [event]. (He shows twice in the scenario.) Actually, It was just "id" inside of the filter tag, but it effects only the second appearance of Gulder. So I installed the "location" and "side=2" in order to specify the first appearance of Gilder.
mich wrote:especially if Gulder can move.
Gulder is the side=2 leader with

[ai]passive_leader=yes[/ai]
However, I make him move for

{MOVE_UNIT id=Gulder 7 6}
later on the scenario.:wink:

Anyway, Thanks. Could you be a personal tester for some of my scenarios(i have 19 scenarios which are playable with a story.) if you have time? I have seen that you did good job on Dead Water.:smile:

I have actually been worried about:
Sapient wrote:the sighted event has many known bugs, and may be removed in a future version.
I advise people to use [filter_vision] instead (see wiki/SingleUnitWML).
on Mabuse's topic in a few week ago.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Could you be a personal tester for some of my scenarios(i have 19 scenarios which are playable with a story.) if you have time? I have seen that you did good job on Dead Water.:smile:
I'm really sorry, but at the moment I have not enouth time to play an entire campaign, especially so long. But if you want you can send me this scenario (or the whole campaign if you prefer), and I can test it (only this scenario). And who knows, maybe in the future I can find the time to playtest the others too, but until summer I'm a little busy.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

mich wrote:I'm really sorry, but at the moment I have not enouth time to play an entire campaign, especially so long. But if you want you can send me this scenario (or the whole campaign if you prefer), and I can test it (only this scenario). And who knows, maybe in the future I can find the time to playtest the others too, but until summer I'm a little busy.
Thanks, mich. It sounds good enough to me. :smile: I also added <remove shroud> code after the appearance of Gulder (Gulder is suppose to appear once on the scenario, now.), so I do not have to specify his first appearance anymore. I mean that it might be able to make the problem solve. Anyway, I will send the folder with the saving file of this scenario. Ciao, ciao :smile:
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

I've made some tests with the sighted event, and it seems that normally, when you can see half of the enemy unit (the one in the filter), the event trigger. But if you can see half of the enemy unit, and with that movement you attack another unit, then the event doesn't trigger. This seems to not happen if you can see all the enemy unit inside the filter. So probably the sighted event is bugged (at least in wesnoth 1.6a, tomorrow I will try in 1.6.1).
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

The sighted event has many bugs-- both known and unknown-- and support for it may eventually be removed. I suggest you use [filter_vision] in a moveto event to achieve a similar result.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."