move_unit_fake

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
Shade

move_unit_fake

Post by Shade »

[move_unit_fake] in a nice little way to stimulate movement. What I'd love to see is a [move_item_fake] or a [move_image_fake]. For all I know this function exists, but currently I'm masking and re-masking with [item] calls. This can be a PITA. My temporary solution is to whip up a dummy unit, and [move_unit_fake] on that. That's just equally ugly. If there's a 'clean' way to do this any sharing would be appreciated, if not, it would be a nice feature to have. Hint. . . Hint
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

why isn't [move_unit_fake] just a [move_image_fake] and you specify the image the unit is? i think that would make a lot more sense. And i would find it useful in many places.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Shade

That would be optimal

Post by Shade »

That would be optimal. . . (edit: But, I think move_unit handles flipping dep. on which way you are facing, you might not want that if you are just moving an image. . .)
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
cobretti

Re: That would be optimal

Post by cobretti »

Shade wrote:That would be optimal. . . (edit: But, I think move_unit handles flipping dep. on which way you are facing, you might not want that if you are just moving an image. . .)
Not flipping can be useful, also. Look that pitiful leader retreating like a chicken... :D :D