How to solve WML errors

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
bigkahuna

Re: How to easily debug WML

Post by bigkahuna »

So a colorful stderr.txt? So my method would still work. My method just shows the best way to solve individual errors, not how to find them. Now to find them, that 1.9 highlighting thing would help some.

EDIT: The in-game error log only shows one error at a time, while the stderr shows a bunch of them. Also, the in-game error log has a terrible habit of giving irrelevant errors. At least 1 out of 2 errors I get from there are irrelevant.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

bigkahuna wrote:So a colorful stderr.txt? So my method would still work. My method just shows the best way to solve individual errors, not how to find them. Now to find them, that 1.9 highlighting thing would help some.
Not exactly, it just shows the mistakes, no yellow highlighting. Just text pointing where the mistake is.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Well that helps. Looks like they've cleaned up the error messages. I'll switch over to 1.9 once my favorite add-ons get ported :D
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
gavenkoa

Re: How to solve WML errors

Post by gavenkoa »

Use wmllint tool (sudo apt-get install wesnoth-1.12-tools) to check code. It built into graphical wesnoth/data/tools/GUI.pyw tools that come with Wesnoth sources.