weapon specials

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
kshinji

weapon specials

Post by kshinji »

Just wanted to check - can i have more than 1 ws? Last time when i was doing wml, there was something like weapon_special=, or maybe i am wrong.
User:Kshinji
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

Too not spam too much, is it possible to have damage multiplied by percantage of hp unit have?
Probably there's no point for me posting here, but i'll raise my PC to 1337 before leaving again ;P -- just kidding.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

1) I have not tried it but theoretically I can't see why you should not be able to put more than one special into the [specials] tag.

2) With some WML events, yes.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

More than one weapon special, on a unit, works just fine nowadays. (using [effect]s to modify them is another story...)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
kshinji

Post by kshinji »

:geek:
Last edited by kshinji on November 9th, 2010, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

v1.1.11 (and 1.2) doesn't support changing/seting the special to something else than the default 1.0.2 ones...
SVN trunk (future 1.3) does already with the new del_special key and [set_specials] tag (set_special= is obsoleted there).
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
peet

Post by peet »

Does the [set_specials] tag work for 1.1.12? Should we be switching to this?

Also, is there a way currently to add a second special to an attack that already has one, without getting rid of the first special? Particularly in an [effect] or in some other way after a unit has laready been created?

Peet
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Nope, any 1.1.x and 1.2 won't support it.
1.3.x (currently unreleased, in SVN trunk) does with [set_specials]
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr