EarthCake's problems

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
EarthCake

Re: EarthCake's problems

Post by EarthCake » May 10th, 2019, 7:17 pm

When I changed what josteph said about unmounting.type, now units appears, but there is again lua error.

@josteph, thanks a lot, I will try your idea.

Also, great thanks to everyone who ever helped me in this topic (for before, now and always).
Last edited by EarthCake on May 10th, 2019, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

josteph
Developer

Post by josteph » May 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm

Divide and conquer. First make it so when a unit is reduced to 0HP, it doesn't die. Then make it so when a unit dies it changes to some other unit type, but hardcode which type that is. When that works, see about making different units transform to different types.

EarthCake

Post by EarthCake » May 11th, 2019, 7:57 am

When horseman dies, is there any way that spearman be spawned on the same tile where horseman died?

EarthCake

Post by EarthCake » May 11th, 2019, 12:27 pm

Also, when scenario finishes, and spearman that was horseman survived, how do I make him back to be horseman and have back his xp in next scenario?

octalot
Code Contributor

Post by octalot » May 11th, 2019, 12:49 pm

EarthCake wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 7:57 am
When horseman dies, is there any way that spearman be spawned on the same tile where horseman died?
How far have you got with Joseph's suggestion to divide and conquer? What's working and what's not?

Doing another change at the end of the scenario could be similar code, but it's a separate problem. First get the transformation in one direction working, then you'll have an already-working example for the transformation in the other direction.