I have a big issue with the map editor, help please!

The place to post your WML questions and answers.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
  • Please use [code] BBCode tags in your posts for embedding WML snippets.
  • To keep your code readable so that others can easily help you, make sure to indent it following our conventions.
GreatLord

I have a big issue with the map editor, help please!

Post by GreatLord »

Hey, i am new here i have a lot of questions regarding creating my own campaigns. I was working on my first scenario and first i opened the map editor to create a new scenario, okay. After save the cfg and the map files i realised that i made some mistakes and need to load my scenario. Hoever i can't load scenarios, just maps... this means units, sides, etc aren't shown. So, i had to rebuild my scenario from the beginning. I'm pissed about this, need tips or something cause i can't not start again and again whenever i fail and need fix my scenarios. Thank you, see ya.
Yutmeal2

Re: I have a big issue with the map editor, help please!

Post by Yutmeal2 »

You can open scenario by choosing load maps, click "..", click "scenarios", and then choose "<name of your scenario>.cfg"

The links at https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Create might help if you want to make a multiplayer scenario.
GreatLord

Post by GreatLord »

I have tried out and just loads the map, there aren't units, sides, etc... So what am i supposed to do if i made a mistake and wanna fix the scenario? like just add a unit or something ... maybe i am missing something, please help me.
enclave

Post by enclave »

I assume you are using wesnoth 1.13? I don't think you could do scenarios in 1.12 in map editor, I don't think I can (I'm using 1.12)
So in older version scenarios are created in notepad and so you most probably can also access your saved scenario via notepad, just editing *.cfg file manually.. You just need to find it, maybe somebody else knows where the scenarios are stored in 1.13? I don't have it so I can not have a look for you.. Wish I could help more.
GreatLord

Post by GreatLord »

Thank you very much guys, i have noticed in 1.12 version you must edit the scenario.cfg file to add units and stuff also you fix it the same way. This thread is now done, thank you again.