campaign installation away from campaign server.

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kharn

campaign installation away from campaign server.

Post by Kharn »

Ok i want my era to autoinstall like the ones people download off of the campaign server.

As you probably know i am not allowed to post my era for copyright reasons.
Im sure this will help other people also though.

Is there a way?

If not can i have the people just simply move the stuff that was in my campaign folder to their campaign folder? Will that work?

Just need some general help. (because the current way involves having people open up many different wesnoth folders and putting in units and images and maps, and multiplayer.cfg, which is time consuming and not time effective around forign people.)
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

you could have your own campaign server... the sources are distributed like everything else...

IIRC downloaded campaigns are simply copied in the wesnoth user directory (location changes from one OS to the other, check with your favorite guru)

with 1.1.1 mainline campaigns will work like UMC so it should be even simpler
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Kharn

Post by Kharn »

ok ive actually looked around SOME and it was not easy to find campaign server downloads.

can i get some more info on campaign servers, requirements for them, what OS they are available for; you know the basic stuff i need to get started.

PS, in the case that is too difficult perhaps you could list the directory location of campaigns for each of the 3 OS'.
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.