Help/Status bar and attack weights

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Noyga
Inactive Developer

Help/Status bar and attack weights

Post by Noyga »

A few units use this settings in their attacks : attack_weight and defense_weight :
- attack_weight influences how much often the attack should be used if we are attacking (through only the AI really use this), but it can be set to 0 to disable the attack when attacking.
As far i know, no current units use this setting
- defense_weight influences how much often the attack should be used if we are defending, but it can be set to 0 to disable the attack when defending.
At least the Lavinians Legionaire/Propungator/Praetorian Guard, the Drakes Slasher/Warden and the Giant Scorpion use this setting.

I figured that this info doesn't appear in the status bar and in the help.
I think it would be interesting to show this info, maybe like this :
- if an attack has a greater attack_weight (ie prefered attack for attacking), we show a very small sword icon next to the attack
- if an attack has a greater defense_weight (ie prefered attack for defending), we show a very small shield icon next to the attack
- if an attack has a attack_weight=0 (ie disabled attack for attacking), we show a crossed-out sword icon next to the attack
- if an attack has a defense_weight=0 (ie disabled attack for defending), we show a crossed-out shield icon next to the attack

Since most units don't use this settings, only a few will display this icons.