utils.cfg: STARTING_VILLAGES Macro Needs Updating

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

aelius

utils.cfg: STARTING_VILLAGES Macro Needs Updating

Post by aelius »

I'm reworking The North Wind, and I've found a minor glitch with the STARTING_VILLAGES macro: it doesn't affect all of the types of villages in the game (1.0.2). The line:

Code: Select all

#all the types of villages
	terrain=ZYtvVD
should read:

Code: Select all

#all the types of villages
	terrain=AaBbLpUZYtvVD
which nicely solves the problem. I've changed my program, but I'll have to copy the macro into the scenario to ensure that it works on other installations of the game. Is a 1.0.3 planned which might incorporate fixes such as this?

- b.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)
scott

Post by scott »

Thanks for the report. I don't know if it would be in 1.0.3, but it will surely be fixed in higher versions.

e and p are 1.1 only, but it will still work
Last edited by scott on January 2nd, 2006, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
aelius

Post by aelius »

Outstanding. I think that's the first useful thing I've done for the mainline branch!

Any word on a (sort-of) stable 1.1 for OS X? I'd like to have the South Guard be a 1.0.x campaign and make The North Wind be a 1.1.x campaign.

- b.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever. - Antoine de Saint Exupery (of course)