Packaging My Era Question

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kharn

Packaging My Era Question

Post by Kharn »

If you will have custom units, images, sounds, or music, create those subdirectories and fill them with your custom units, images, sounds, and/or music.

It says the above in the wiki guide for making eras to publish them
where do i put these subdirectories and what do i call them?

(following is less important question)
Is there any reason i have to do this within the campaign folder? Cant I just put all this stuff in a folder on my desktop?
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.
scott

Post by scott »

Curses on whoever left this part of the wiki half-finished!

In the campaigns directory, you must have 3 objects. The era config file, the era pbl file, and the era subdirectory. For example, the file listing would be:
Myera.cfg
Myera.pbl
Myera (a folder)

Inside the folder, create the following subdirectories as needed: maps, units, images, sounds, music, scenarios

Although they're conventional, you don't have to use those directories. You can just put all the files you need into the folder itself without making subdirectories. If you download the demo or imperial era, you should be able to see what I'm talking about.

The game looks in your userdata directory. The location of the userdata directory is in the code and varies by OS. To change the userdata directory you have to change the code and recompile it.

There may be a way to change the userdata directory with a command line flag or game config file but I don't know what it is. If not, THERE SHOULD BE!

Anyway, you're stuck with the userdata/data/campaigns directory for now and that's why. Also, when people download this thing from the campaign server, the game will place it in the campaigns directory. Your binary path that you set in the main config file must be relative to the campaigns directory.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Kharn

Post by Kharn »

not sure if you are going to catch this question so im making another post in developers disscussion called

campaign installation away from campaign server.
Creator of 120+ units Lord of the Rings era and campaign now outdated & lost.
Creator of WWII Battleground Europe mod with 120+ units most with custom wml and animations. Every variable is mathematically derived based on WWII stats such as historical cost & mm armour.