take the music of a races off!

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

Ok, I have a first patch ready to go,

however, the music is changed not when you see the ennemy leader, but when you see the first ennemy unit.

I can change that if you think it's better....
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
deserter
Art Contributor

Post by deserter »

Boucman wrote:Ok, I have a first patch ready to go,

however, the music is changed not when you see the ennemy leader, but when you see the first ennemy unit.

I can change that if you think it's better....
Nope, don't change it...

I think that's the way it should be. Although there is a problem: both Rebels and Loyalists have identical mages. So how is this handled? What happens when the first unit you see is mage?
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

the music changes... you've seen a unit, and it's too hard to determine if a given unit is in more than one faction
deserter
Art Contributor

Post by deserter »

Boucman wrote:the music changes... you've seen a unit, and it's too hard to determine if a given unit is in more than one faction
It's still better than it was before. :)
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Thanks for coding that. Well... in the game some rebel and loyalist units may look identical, but I guess there might be slight distictions in their speech, dress, or insignia that give them away. So, I like the change.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

OK, the change has been commited. there is a new tag in game.cfg to configure the music, which is currently wired to the main lobby theme... I posted in the music developement forum, so hopefully another music will replace it soon

my job here is done ;)
STNA NarSissi

Post by STNA NarSissi »

Well, well, well... Seems to be that here are some wise people after all :) maybe i will download latest patch and make a comeback :))... is this changed in version 1.0.2?
scott

Post by scott »

I suggest using underground.ogg rather than the main menu music. The big intro to the main menu music barely has time to play before the next turn starts. It's like stop-and-go traffic. Underground.ogg starts out low and just builds slowly, so it's less abrupt on short turns but works well for longer turns.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

STNA NarSissi wrote:Well, well, well... Seems to be that here are some wise people after all :) maybe i will download latest patch and make a comeback :))... is this changed in version 1.0.2?
Not in 1.0.2 but in 1.1 AFAIK
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

STNA NarSissi wrote:Well, well, well... Seems to be that here are some wise people after all :) maybe i will download latest patch and make a comeback :))... is this changed in version 1.0.2?
The reason you got a harsh response at first was because you threatened to stop playing if it wasn't changed. Even if true, it is impolite.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
deserter
Art Contributor

Post by deserter »

Welcome back. ;)