Some flying units slightly broken

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

beetlenaut
Developer

Some flying units slightly broken

Post by beetlenaut »

Bats and gryphons appear in front of all terrains including ones they shouldn't like the top section of the great tree, which looks awkward. All other units, including flying drakes, appear behind the top of the tree. In the config files for bats and gryphons there is a layer specified for their standing animations. Removing that line seems to fix the problem. Is there any reason not to do this? The config files for drakes use submerge=0.01 for flying animations. Should bats and gryphons use that as well? (What is it for anyway?)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: Some flying units slightly broken

Post by Astoria »

I think the layer is there so they don't appear behind some terrains. I don't know them all from the top of my head, but I know castles give problems.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
beetlenaut
Developer

Re: Some flying units slightly broken

Post by beetlenaut »

Oh, it's a feature. I was thinking that the units should appear behind objects they were logically behind like castle towers. I think it looks better, but maybe that's just me. Never mind then--I can always just modify my own copy.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide