New Release Manager and Administrator Needed

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dave
Founding Developer

Re: Miyo's spot

Post by Dave »

Trias wrote:Hey dave.. I think i can handle the playtesting.. I can code just about anything into scenarios, campaigns, multiplayer.. And i play regularly almost every day.. So im pretty sure im more than capable of that..
Probably the best way for you or anyone to get involved would be to come on IRC: #wesnoth-dev on irc.freenode.net.

Meet me (nickname 'Sirp') and other developers there, and offer help etc. Certainly a lead playtester would preferably hang out on IRC alot to give feedback etc.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I know lots of people are sad to see miyo go, but I think I should remind people that things like this are inevitable, and in fact healthy for the project.

Miyo has contributed alot to the project. However Wesnoth is based on people contributing to it while they are interested. If miyo is no longer interested in Wesnoth, then it is difficult for him to contribute his best to it, and so it would be better for him to contribute his skills and talents towards something he is interested in doing.

Hopefully there will be other people who are interested in replacing him and contributing to Wesnoth, but if there aren't, it simply means Wesnoth no longer holds interest to any substantial amount of people, and effort focused on it would be better focused on other projects anyhow.

I have appreciated miyo's devotion to the project, his skills, his wisdom, and his tireless efforts. However with his departure, fresh opportunities arise: younger developers who are keen and enthusiastic about the project can rise and take his place.

Likewise, I will no-doubt one day decide I have contributed everything to Wesnoth that I want to contribute, and step down as developer. While I can appreciate many people won't like this, it will be an opportunity for a new developer to step up and take my place, and learn and grow as they inject their enthusiasm into Wesnoth.

Once again I'd like to thank miyo for the contributions he's made. I would also like to thank him for his wisdom in stepping down when he sees that he is no longer as enthusiastic about the project as he once was.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Trias

Post by Trias »

found one yet? or is it still open
"I came, I saw, I conquered." - Julius Caesar
Raleign

Post by Raleign »

Holy Thread Ressuection, Batman!

Sorry, couldn't resist, since this thread is OLD.