Wesnoth Timeline revived!

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

scott wrote:Any chance of Liberty's events being added? It would all occur within 2 months of the death of Garard II. The pertinent events would be humans inhabit isle of the damned, Elensefar returns to/gains/asserts independent city-state status, and the western Wesnoth border recedes, is fixed, and heavily defended for the next 19 years (until HTTT) (possibly allowing elves to flourish SW of Wesnoth).
If you are feeling really generous, I would also like to request the construction and destruction of the fortress of Halstead be added. The construction date would require some research (I'm thinking about 500 years prior). The destruction date is the same as everything else above.
Sure, I don't know where to put Halsteads construcion though, we curently don't know what was happening 500 years prior to HTTT.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Scott: Liberties events have been added, you might want to check it though.

Turin: Could you please work out a slightly clearer timeframe for wesnoth monarchs precedding Konrad II (just decide on somethign realistic and I will work it out). Sorry about my confusion earlier.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
scott

Post by scott »

hey cool
To nitpick, Eldred should technically be dead when this stuff happens, something like this:

- Eldred dies
- Delfador escapes
- Elensefar regains its status as an independent city-state.
- Western Wesnoth border recedes, is fixed, and remains heavily defended.
- As a result the Elves flourish to the SW of Wesnoth.
- A band of humans inhabits the Isle of the Damned.

The only reason is that Eldred is referenced in the plot. The construction of the fortress Halstead probably fits in [time of when/reign of who?]

There's actually a big hole there for a Golden Age of Wesnoth if someone wanted to write it. In campaign form.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Ahh, so the events are durring the queens reign, gotta go fix that...

Time of when reing of who, should fit perfectly for halstead now that you mention it.

As for gaps in the timeline, there is pleanty of room for campaigns in there. We don't realy have a set amount time between the reign of Haldric II and the reign of Garard the first. Though we do know that it was fairly long given Delfadors coments on the scepter in HTTT.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Just redid the section on Konrad to match HttT.

Also did some subediting: many typos fixed, shortened some expressions, wrapped very long lines.

Thanks for a nice resource! Having a history like this is great for inspiring campaign authors to fill in the holes in the story.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

sure... how about in reign of Konrad II dacyn becomes seer, in reign of Konrad V campaign starts?

i'm fine with changing names in campaigns to be more logical.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

turin wrote:sure... how about in reign of Konrad II dacyn becomes seer, in reign of Konrad V campaign starts?

i'm fine with changing names in campaigns to be more logical.
I didn't mean I wanted you to cange names, I just wanted you to give me the list of kings leading up to the campaign, you can choose what ever you want (within reason, no King Turin :) ). As for Daycn, how old is he supposed to be anyways? Being an adult under one king and still breathing 3 kings latter would probebly make him older than a 100 hundered years (unless there was some seriuos regicide going on.... :shock: Campaign idea!).
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

He's a White Mage, and can cure himself of any disease. Thus, he will live forever unless he is killed :) .
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
joshbosh321

Post by joshbosh321 »

MadMax wrote:He's a White Mage, and can cure himself of any disease. Thus, he will live forever unless he is killed :) .
then why don't white mages heal themselves in-game?:)
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.

---Douglas Adams
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

MadMax wrote:He's a White Mage, and can cure himself of any disease. Thus, he will live forever unless he is killed :) .
Not after his powers started to dwindle like delfadors had by HTTT. Hypotheticaly he could heal any disease, but old age would still get him in the end.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Kamahawk wrote:
Not after his powers started to dwindle like delfadors had by HTTT. Hypotheticaly he could heal any disease, but old age would still get him in the end.
He would just heal his aging, which would also prevent his powers from dwindling.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
eugenelim

Post by eugenelim »

White mages can't heal themselves, they can only heal the people around them! :lol:
Firefox - Tabbed browsing, no popups and more!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

MadMax wrote:
Kamahawk wrote: Not after his powers started to dwindle like delfadors had by HTTT. Hypotheticaly he could heal any disease, but old age would still get him in the end.
He would just heal his aging, which would also prevent his powers from dwindling.
White mages can't heal age, otherwise Delfador would be a teenager by the end of HTTT (for me at leat anyways, I use him as a tank in the early game.)
Shadowfury333
Location: In a wonderful place full of fire, and brimstone, and red guys poking me in the butt with pitchforks

Post by Shadowfury333 »

What about Wesnoth Geography, is that ever going to be updated?
Darkness called… But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "PICK UP THE PHONE, DARKNESS!", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.
—Night Elf Demon Hunter
joshbosh321

Post by joshbosh321 »

Shadowfury333 wrote:What about Wesnoth Geography, is that ever going to be updated?
why don't you do it?

Seriously, Shadowfury, why not? this is not the usual hard-assed "want it done, do it yourself" attitude found in these forums. You and I are both just talkers, and I've been saddled with a (minor) wiki page and found that it is very easy to maintain. If you'd get a kick out of seeing a Wesnoth geography page, why not do it yourself? It's not like you'd be taking over someone elses wiki page (it's clearly not been updated in a while).
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.

---Douglas Adams