Moves: Attack & Move back

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dorgendubal

Moves: Attack & Move back

Post by Dorgendubal »

I notice that a round is finished for a unit after it attacks. So you can move it and attack but not attack and move it.

It would be an interesting trategical aspect to be able to attack and move back. However, MOVE + ATTACK + MOVE should not be allowed.

Just an idea.
Shroud

Post by Shroud »

Hmmm

Only if your distance you can move after the attack is reduced somewhat.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I think that this would be a little powerful to give to all units, and the AI would have difficulty using it effectively.

However, it could be added to units that have the skirmish ability.

Also, perhaps a horse archer unit could be added which could do this.

David
zas

Units that may attack and move

Post by zas »

Good idea, as an ability to certain units.

About move + attack + move, i think it can be acceptable if attack costs movements points:

say 7 mvts points
move 4 + attack 2 + move 1

attack cost is 2 here, but we can
set movement points to 1 after attack too...

Great ability for some special units like ie. murderers ;)
miyo

Post by miyo »

If you have not moved and kill the enemy unit then you can still move, with penalty. If you have 4 strikes and you kill enemy with your 3rd strike... you have 25 % of your moves for use. If you did manage to kill the enemy with your 1st strike then you would have 75 % of your moves left. Second attacking is not allowed.

If you don't manage to kill the enemy... you spent whole turn fighting.

Opinions?

- Miyo
Haard

Post by Haard »

You might divide the number of attacks.
The elf warrior, for instance, can attack four times. If you had the option to only attack once, you'd still have 75% of your movement points left. There should still be an option to spend all attacks in one click for convenience, and perhaps there should be a penalty for leaving melee.

I think the ideal would be that you can always disengage and retreat from missile combat, but only from melee combat if you are faster than your opponent, and then it would cost you one 'attack', ie if you have four attacks it'd cost you 25% of your movement points. That'd let you use cavalry, and especially horse archers like they're meant to be used =)