Need new music?

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aleksi
Music Contributor

Need new music?

Post by Aleksi »

Hello everyone! I'm just new to the forum here :) and i wanted to know if more music was required? I'm a musician and one on my dreams :wink: is to compose for video games! So i just wanted to know if it was still ok to propose new music. By the way i tried the game yesterday and i really like it! :D
Sofronius

Post by Sofronius »

I think there should be more music. Six tracks is not too much for 24+ screnarios that are planned.
I think that it would be great if you can make some good new music.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Yes, absolutely. New music is welcome!

The only requirement is that you are willing to release the music under the GNU GPL.

David
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Yeah, no problem as long as my name is on the credits ;)
miyo

Post by miyo »

Hmm,

does GPL allow removing credits?

- Miyo
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

There is currently no credits section in the game. When there is a credits section, we intend to place anyone who has contributed files in the credits section.

However I do believe that someone could choose to remove or alter the credits section under the terms of the GPL. But I don't think this would be likely.

David
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Yeah, ok. Its just that in the case i do partecipate in the project i need proof of what i did for my Curriculum Vitae. Thats all. :D

Anyway, i started to do some stuff and i'll be sending it up pretty shortly. Cheers.
methinks

Post by methinks »

Yeah yeah yeah. I am so eager to hear this.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Its coming...

Post by Aleksi »

Just to give a little update here;

I'm working on three musics for the game but i've got a lot of work on the side so i'll try to be as fast as possible, at least to give an overlook of what it can be. But i'm sooo excited to hear your comments :)!!!
'catch you later! Cheers,

Aleksi.
ja-el

Post by ja-el »

i dunno what kind of music you make but i would love to hear some classic guitar playing
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

'funny you say that because guitar is my main instrument :) (well, more electric guitar but i still played 5 years of acoustic in conservatory and planning to start again next year!).
ja-el

Post by ja-el »

thats goooooooooooooooooooooood news, i cant wait to hear the new songs in place :)
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Actually i'm working on ochestral type music now but maybe if the team of Wesnoth likes my music and wants more i'll think about the guitar playing. I actually don't have that much time to do all this so i really have to be picky of what i want to do :?
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Ok, i just wanted to say for who is interested, i'll be putting on my server a the first versions of 2 musics. I hope you will enjoy it and i'll be glad to hear a few critics. So until then, have a good week-end! :)

Aleksi.
Sofronius

Post by Sofronius »

Romi wrote:... i'll be putting on my server a the first versions of 2 musics. I hope you will enjoy it and i'll be glad to hear a few critics. So until then....
It seems that you have forgotten to tell us where is your server :wink:
So until then....