Necrophage: lunch is optional?

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

scott

Necrophage: lunch is optional?

Post by scott »

I noticed that the necrophage has the option of either gaining full hp or choosing to gain 3 HP. I understand that a full-health necrophage who levels up gains nothing from his HP healing, but it seems wrong to give it such an easy way out. The full heal is a great advantage, and letting it pick which advancement it gets does nothing to temper the advantage, instead it gives the necrophage the best of both worlds. No other max-level unit gets a full-heal advancement in the first place, and I think the benefit should come with a cost: that it be mandatory.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I was actually thinking that maybe the Necrophage should get both full-heal AND +3 HP... I don't see why not.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

turin wrote:I was actually thinking that maybe the Necrophage should get both full-heal AND +3 HP... I don't see why not.
The full heal doesn't result in an XP increase. Not that this is actually an issue anywhere like in someone's campaign, but it would probably be bad to place the necrophage's regenerate ability out of reach XP-wise after only a couple of AMLAs. Since the 3 HP are accompanied by the XP increase to prevent abuse and reliance on it as a unit-building technique, you have to somehow combine two competing goals if you combine them: let the necrophage keep its ability within reasonable reach but not let it build up into a super-monster.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I still think we should reduce its XP cost to around 20 or 30. And yes, remove the optional HP upgrade.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.