Summary of changes through to 1.1.7

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Skippy

Summary of changes through to 1.1.7

Post by Skippy »

I haven't done anything with the manual lately and have just started playing again after a hiatus and noted that a number of things seem to have changed in 1.1.7. So I thought I might try to update it a bit with the new information. But, not being involved in the development I'm not certain about details - that's where the denizens here come in.

I have noticed that healing seems to have changed: a unit with 'cures' (aka heals +8 ) doesn't seem to have a 18 HP maximum anymore. Can anyone give me details?

Recalling costs: it seems to be 20GP per unit regardless of level rather than 20GPxlevel. Am I mistaken?

Any other noticeable changes that I should include in the manual? (No promises :) )
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Summary of changes through to 1.1.7

Post by zookeeper »

Skippy wrote:I have noticed that healing seems to have changed: a unit with 'cures' (aka heals +8 ) doesn't seem to have a 18 HP maximum anymore. Can anyone give me details?
The healer is capable of healing the same amount (+8 in this case, although the ability can be customized to give any amount) to all adjacent units, instead of distributing a set amount between all adjacent units. AFAIK heals is the only ability that restores hitpoints, while cures only removes poison.
Skippy wrote:Recalling costs: it seems to be 20GP per unit regardless of level rather than 20GPxlevel. Am I mistaken?
That's correct (hasn't it always been like that?), it's 20g per unit.
Skippy wrote:Any other noticeable changes that I should include in the manual? (No promises :) )
Probably not actually all that many to the manual, as I think not many gameplay elements have changed...but maybe someone else can check.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Maybe I was confusing recall cost with maintenance cost...
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

zookeeper wrote:AFAIK heals is the only ability that restores hitpoints, while cures only removes poison.
It used to be that 'heals', now 'heals +4' would prevent poison from doing damage that turn, but not cure poison. Is that no longer the case? I presume that you can't heal on the same turn that you are cured.

Also, what happens if a unit is next to two heals +4 units? Still limited to +4?
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Skippy wrote:I have noticed that healing seems to have changed: a unit with 'cures' (aka heals +8 ) doesn't seem to have a 18 HP maximum anymore. Can anyone give me details?
Just to clarify, 'cures' does only remove poison now and 'heals +X' is the actual healing ability. ATM every curing unit also has the 'heals +8' ability though.

Otherwise nothing more has changed in regard to healing.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Well - I changed the manual to reflect my understanding of it all. If it's wrong - feel free to correct it.