History of the Old Continent on the Wiki?

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Eh? The AIyira were defeated in 900 BW. And they live south of Lavinia. So this:
The Orcs who inhabitated the remnants of Lavinia tried their luck at taking out the Airya and a war ensued in which the airya sent the orcs back to the north-west mountains away from the ruined city.
Makes next to no sense. What is the Ruined City?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Eh? The AIyira were defeated in 900 BW. And they live south of Lavinia. So this:
:shock: . They were supposed to be the Lavinian's foot thorn!. And the Kedari quiet watchers until they (or Airiya) were weak and they could finally raid.

Damn, 900 BW...

*goes search for storyline*

EDIT: People should really learn to write Airiya.
Last edited by Cuyo Quiz on June 15th, 2006, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I'm confused about the role of the Kedari. I actually want to just remove them...

I wouldn't have a problem with having the Aiyira last longer than 900 BW. That is just when the Lavinians defeat them in a decisive battle, meaning the Lavinians are now dominant - that doesn't mean the Aiyira are no longer a threat.

We seem to be having a discussion spread over several threads... again. :?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:We seem to be having a discussion spread over several threads... again. :?
Then lets consolidate it here, when it is most relavant.

As for the removal of the kedari, I would prefer to keep them, as as the moment (apart from the desert elves) they are the only faction which plays well on desert that is in a playable state.

They could be used as the role which Cuyo suggested, desert raiders which become more powerful/dominant when the Aiyira are defeated.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

The old city is Lavinia because with the orcs living in it for centuries it would be old and ruined.

And just like Lavinia reforming from separate nomads, Airiya could reform to. Or it could be the Kedari Raiders
Last edited by Oreb on June 15th, 2006, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ranger M wrote:As for the removal of the kedari, I would prefer to keep them, as as the moment (apart from the desert elves) they are the only faction which plays well on desert that is in a playable state.
Well, you know, that wouldn't be true if someone other than me, you and Disto were willing to do art for the IE...
Ranger M wrote:They could be used as the role which Cuyo suggested, desert raiders which become more powerful/dominant when the Aiyira are defeated.
They could be, but I don't see any reason to create a place for another faction just so we can use the Kedari graphics.

BTW, I think I got the pixel-art muse back again, so if someone feels like posting links to what they think the Aiyira should look like, as well as a logical tree, I can start doing their art... I need to have something to do when I don't feel like writing WML and there are no new posts on the forums. ;)
The World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

turin wrote:BTW, I think I got the pixel-art muse back again, so if someone feels like posting links to what they think the Aiyira should look like, as well as a logical tree, I can start doing their art... I need to have something to do when I don't feel like writing WML and there are no new posts on the forums. ;)
What are they based on (culture wise), the Kedari were persian, the lavinians were romans, the maurauders were vikings tribes, the Arendians were (loosely) based on roman time europians (saxons, celts, etc), with more horse emphasis, and the wild elves, frost elves, orcs and aragwaith are just cool.

BTW, if in doubt untill somebody suggests something, start on the Orces Gerorum (gladiators) as well.
Turin wrote:Well, you know, that wouldn't be true if someone other than me, you and Disto were willing to do art for the IE...
Technically true, although I'm mostly doing the Arendians, not the whole of IE (except for the odd animation/fix where needed) I hope that we get some more people helping, otherwise this will be a load of work, even after I finish the Arendians.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Ranger M wrote:What are they based on (culture wise), the Kedari were persian, the lavinians were romans, the maurauders were vikings tribes, the Arendians were (loosely) based on roman time europians (saxons, celts, etc), with more horse emphasis, and the wild elves, frost elves, orcs and aragwaith are just cool.
Actually, the Kedari are Arabs, the Aiyira are Persians. (I don't know what the difference is myself, I just do the art. ;) )
Ranger M wrote:BTW, if in doubt untill somebody suggests something, start on the Orces Gerorum (gladiators) as well.
Good idea.
Ranger M wrote:Technically true, although I'm mostly doing the Arendians, not the whole of IE (except for the odd animation/fix where needed) I hope that we get some more people helping, otherwise this will be a load of work, even after I finish the Arendians.
It basically breaks down like this:
Lavinians - me (though I'm not going to do animations)
Marauders - disto
Wild Elves - Neo did the original art, no one is doing animations
---
Aragwaithi - Shadow did all the art, no need for more
Arendians - you
Kedari - me, but I'm not working on them any more
---
Aiyira - no one
Orces Gentorum - no one
Frost Elves - Xan, in theory
The World of Orbivm
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Pudding had done some animations for the warrior and raindancer and were very good, just needing some cleaning.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm