The Wesnoth unit list webpage

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

quartex
Inactive Developer

The Wesnoth unit list webpage

Post by quartex »

As a scenario writer I often go to the wersnoth unit list webpage to check on the most recent stats for a unit. It's hard to keep up to date the all the balancing changes that are happening to units these days. So I was surprised that notice tha the section for a unit's special abilities (like cures, leadership or skirmisher) have been removed from the webpage. I noticed this becuase I was trying to figure out which level 2 Saurian was the healer and couldn't find healing on either of them.

When reading a unit's stats, having a section for his abilities would be very useful. Thanks.
scott

Post by scott »

I think the recent syntax change for abilities is confusing the script that generates the webpage.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

The Walking Dead and Soulless units also seem to be missing from the Wesnoth unit page. I didn't see any note in the changelog about them being removed from the game.
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

quartex wrote:The Walking Dead and Soulless units also seem to be missing from the Wesnoth unit page. I didn't see any note in the changelog about them being removed from the game.

That is a similar issue. The Walking Dead and Soulless use macros to define all the variations and keep them in sync. The perl script that generates the units page does not understand WML macros.