X-XI AD Western Slavons

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BlackOpsElf

Post by BlackOpsElf »

Alks wrote:Ok, too much was done to left it wasted. I'm posting SLAVIA faction, still a bit unbalanced, but fully playable. Two artworks are missing, but that Kitajec should do in his free time, I will be responsible for everything except art here.

Yes, it means, that there will be a new era, containing SLAVIA and GERMANIA faction.

These are really awesome. I especially like the Zmora and the Poludnica. Their images match their stats and their mythologies perfectly.
Alks

Post by Alks »

Thank you very much. In some time (few weeks approximately) I'll get back to them and Phantoms.
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

Viliam wrote:
Kitajec wrote:Poludnica is a monster that attacks in noon, on the plains
According to wikipedia article, Poludnica looks like a young woman dressed in white.

In some legends she carries a scythe and kills people, but in most legends people are killed by heat. "Technically" speaking she emits heat and victim's heart collapses.

In Wesnoth terms, I would make her lawful maybe also with illumination ability, heat attack (fire) with slow effect (victims become weak from the heat). Maybe she could have two levels, the higher level with scythe.
Young woman? And what about Karel Jaromir Erben's Polednice from Kytice?
"Malá, hnědá, tváři divé
pod plachetkou osoba;
o berličce, hnáty křivé,
hlas - vichřice podoba!"

http://web.telecom.cz/antoni/kytice/poled.htm
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
tapik
Code Contributor

Slavic.zip

Post by tapik »

Please, could you help me? How to use it? It means how to configure wesnoth to use content of the zip file as a storage for units?
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
tapik
Code Contributor

Sapkowski and the campaign

Post by tapik »

I don't think it is a good idea to ask Andrzej to allow us to write a campaign based on the Wiedzmin. If you know, he f*cks how was the Wiedzmin translated to the celuloid.

But he loves czech (Have you read Narrenturm? There is a plenty of magical mythical beings (such as Alp) there.) so why not to ask him to create a base story line for the Wesnoth campaign under the promise all we will buy at least one of his book? ;-) I'll try to contact him through my secret channels (I believe they work).
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs