X-XI AD Western Slavons

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kitajec

Post by Kitajec »

Uncle Istvan - that's sounds very interesting. but i haven't found any information about him. i was looking for 'stryc Istvan' (stryc is an uncle in czech, isn't it?) so if you have any links or more information about him i would be verry happy :)

Vampires, verewolfes, and dziwozony (rusalki or vily) ill make them for sure :)

im also planning to make Borowy - lord of the forests and Czorty (nowadays 'czort' mean jus a devill)

and if you have others ideas for creatures form middle-eastern Europe myths tell about them

thanks for all ideas and opinions
Nikt nie spodziewa sie Hiszpanskiej Inkwizycji !
http://www.freha.pl/ - FREHA - Polish reenactment site
Kitajec

Post by Kitajec »

the only thing i found about uncle istvan is that
http://www.magic-ville.com/fr/carte?4th334 :wink:
Nikt nie spodziewa sie Hiszpanskiej Inkwizycji !
http://www.freha.pl/ - FREHA - Polish reenactment site
Prometheus

Post by Prometheus »

the Hejkal ( do not know the word in english or polish) - the creature that frightens people in the forest by terrible sounds, it could have some type of sonic attack, without chance to react, if we trust in legends he was not powerfull fighter - just a bearer of fear.
In English this is the Banshee, except he was a she.

Poludnicaa.png and Utopiec.png are superb. (The 2nd Poludnicaa.png, the girl in the white dress.)

In general the art is very good, but specifically game art should be the right size, and the units should be easily distinguishable at a glance, otherwise the player is confused- a few of the units are too similar.
Steelclad Brian

Post by Steelclad Brian »

Big Bad Joe wrote:The third one is, IMHO, imported from hungarian myths, uncle Istvan, undead monk - who could not be hurt by normal weapon, just by fire or magic with lumberjacks axe. It is very closed to a being called Fext in the czech myths. These are not neccesarilly evil, they are just undead.
I think it's kind of funny that Uncle Istvan has basically all the traits of a 1980's American slasher villain.

I love all the art - it's pretty rare to see Eastern European cultures represented in fantasy settings, and you do really good sprite art. The Strzyga and Poludnica and cavalry are my favorites.
Casual User

Post by Casual User »

Good afternoon!

I think this is a really cool idea, is the project still on, or has it receded ?

If you are still working on it, would you be interested in some units inspired by Romanian history ? I already have the images and cfg files are no problem. Let me know.
Mortles

Post by Mortles »

Good noon!
I'm novice writer(I write something about 2 years) and i have some idea for this faction. In IV century has ben opened magical gates in europe, and magic has falen upon the lands. The gates has been closed, but the magic have remain in europe. The Bizantic ceazar have a group of mens specialized on magic, they calling itself Arbiters(i dont know it is good name) and they are controling the magic in the world. The rest is same like history.
(I write one story in this world. The story have name Thesaloniki in flames(for slavons on this discusion Thesaloniki=Soluň))
Nobody's perfect. Only present perfect is perfect."

--A gramatical discusion in a Wesnoth game
Alks

Post by Alks »

As far as this project is concerned, Kitajec resigned due to the lack of time. It isn't abandoned yet, as I will try to make a solid two factions - Germans and Slavs. It will take me some time, as I'm working on my Phantom Lords, but I'll report as soon as I will have some time to work on them.
sparr

Post by sparr »

I think this is the first time I have seen a faction on the forums with what amounts to a full set of non-animated artwork... with almost no stats or tree :) Congratulations on getting one of the hardest parts out of the way first.
Alks

Post by Alks »

Stats and trees were done, however they need rebalancing and more variations. Everything is somewhere on my computer. Kitajec simply had lots of fun doing those, but he left stats to me. Now, when he switched to something different he handed me maintenance of Slavs.
sparr

Post by sparr »

Some people, like me most of the time, are too lazy to read a whole thread... I don't want them to miss out on the awesome art that has been posted so far, so here is a recap:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Alks

Post by Alks »

nice... Everyone watching this post will have a good preview of Kitajec's work.

I had everything sent to me by email, we're neighbours with Kitajec. Stats and trees will be posted soon, along with some units that haven't been posted on the forum and branch variants done by me(re-edition of Kitajec works, we're very different, as far as style is concerned).

Plans are:

*Form one, two fractions with Slavic, Germanic and Mythic units
*Add some special heroes
*Make a SOLID background for campaign writers - including special branches recruitable at some level, heroes
*Be full-time accessible and provide special-request units, whenever it is possible(I'm sure I will be able to force Kitajec to do some work)
Alks

Post by Alks »

Ok, too much was done to left it wasted. I'm posting SLAVIA faction, still a bit unbalanced, but fully playable. Two artworks are missing, but that Kitajec should do in his free time, I will be responsible for everything except art here.

Yes, it means, that there will be a new era, containing SLAVIA and GERMANIA faction.
Attachments
Slavs.zip
(120.66 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Evolution725

Post by Evolution725 »

Hmm sounds like a great idea, plus I'm russian and I am studying russian history so I may be able to help out ;)
European Football is not a life or death matter, it's much, much more than that.
Alks

Post by Alks »

Russ form a secondary mercenary line for now

One branch only for Slavia units. Nothing further, and judging by appearances, Slavia died out, as no one responsed or commented, so I postpone the work till I have my phantoms ready.
Motrax

Post by Motrax »

U should make utopiec also able to move in the swamps since its similar terrian, since limiting them only to water could make them bit usless especially in maps with little watter...
perhaps u should make poludnica blonde (with blue eyes) :D but thats just my personal preference and mayby give her a backstab ability ;)