A new faction: The field dwarfs (still need a new name)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Is it a good idea?

Yes really good
6%
Yeah with some changes here and there
9%
Maybey but it would need a lot of work
29%
Keep trying
12%
Yust shut up diekil
44%

Total votes: 66

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

when you first make a unit from scratch it is really hard to get the proportions right, try putting a unit existing unit with the proportions which you want in a layer below, then you can use it to keep the right scale.
diekil

Post by diekil »

K thanks
diekil

Post by diekil »

Here is an update on the story:
A long time after the hobbit clan fled from the dwarves, a war between human and elves began. The borders of the dwarves were threatened and made up for battle. After 10 years they were losing terretories to the humans and elves. One dwarf callad dharon went on a quest to find those field dwarves tat e heard about in their myths qo that they could turn the tide. Dharon founded them 2 years later and spoken to them :" If youre best men don't help us now we will be destroyed!" "Thatq the punish that you will recieve for killing and banning our ancestors!" somoene yelled. "You dont understand." was the answer of Dharon, "After destroying us the war will come for you.". After confessing them Dharon left with the bravest of the hobbits. And on that very moment the profecy was made: "On this veryday a child wil be born that will defeat all our enemies and he WILL be victorious." 5 years later a big battle was going on between elves, men and dwarves who had the assistence of the field dwarves. On that very night the battle was stll going on but then the undead hordes of Malach-Kai came. He diden't only controled undeads but also orcs. The 3 races made a pact against this hordes and they defeated to most of them and pushed further untill the base of Malach-Kai in the middle of orcisch lands. But the combined strenght almost faild. The three leaders' :dwarvish, elfish and human, power wouldn't match the power of Malach-Kai. But then the greatest of hobbits stood up and killed Malach-Kai bye suprise. The elves, human and dwarves left leaving the hobbits behind. The hobbits get caugth be the remaning orcs; Back in dwarfisch terretory, 6 years after the profecy , the dwarves declared war against the hobbits.

This will be included in the campagn (iff it comes).
New in the campaign would also be friendly orcs helping the hobbits.

Some other stats.

Hobbit fighter
Dagger, stab 2-5
dagger (ranged) 3-2

Hobbit youngster
Dagger, stab 3-4
dagger (ranged) 2-3

Hobbit aprentice
staff (impact) 5-1
earth wave 6-3

Hobbit mage
Staff (impact) 7-1
earth bolt (poison) 8-3

hobbit master of earth
Staff (impact) 6-2
earth blast (poison) 10-3

Hobbit cleric
Staff (impact) 5-2
curse of the earth (drain) 7-3

Cleric would have healing power.

Does it looks good or totely not?

Greetz
Diekil
Elestel

Post by Elestel »

if we get this and the posted in "Halfling race"... yes, it's having some form now... interesting...
Ignacio Dadoverde Elestel
Nada es lo que parece, y lo que parece nada es...
Always there's more you can't see than you can...

Spanish translator of UTBS, TB, SPMPP
diekil

Post by diekil »

Hello again internet was down for a long time very long indeed.

I think evryone regards this as abandond but now I'm back and I'm ready to roll. I have adobe photoshop now on our mac but I can't reach te unit files of the non ad-ons units. Can somoene please help me.

New update on the story line.

First scenario: 6 years after the war and the profecy. The new leader Rulf had a huge crisis. The search party's never found their captured troops and their former leader Dolf and the war with the Dwarfs kept the troops he had left busy so he couldn't send new party's. But that was not all, the year off the day off the profecy 5 kids where born: Randolf, Han, Irund, Eral and finnaly Dan. Most off the people think that Randolf is the one because he's the son off the great Dolf the killer off Malach-kai, while the power off the poor hunter's sun Dan can match him. During the war the 5 children who where yust 6 years (field dwarfs live for 60 years (oldest one 67)) they had allready proved their bravery and skills in the war. But only Dan and Randolf really overpowered the rest. They where promoted to lieutenant and gained some glory. Rulf sended them to the front line and over their they stumbeld at a party off orc wolfriders who where searching the field dwarfs. The party of ranger's of dan kept them under fire while the party of fighters off randolf attacked but the leader off the orc party Uraulf suddenly stardet to yell "Stop attacking whe come in peace, whe have information ragarding your troops that where captured 6 years ago and whe want to hel you." "if i recall right it was your race that captured them so why would we even trust you". "Whe're not just offering your information whe want your help for it". " What do whe need to do then?" "Your friends are captured bye a rival clan off ours and whe want you tho help us defeat them." "Oké then i still don't trust you but join us till our home base, man blindfowld those orcs and let's go."
Back at the camp Rulf discused the matter with his generals and Uraulf for a whole night. The next day he called in his five lieutenatn's giving them the order to gather ther troops and join the orcs in order to free ther compaignons.

The second scenario would be to break trough dwarvish lines at a weak point.
Further story is getting worked on. It will have the yourney to the orcish camp and then the battle, after that the battle with the orc leader Randolf almost get's beaten but Dan jumps in and kills the enemy with one good aimed arrow. From then it's clear he is the one the profecy fortold. the last scenario will be the return( sneaking b ye enemy line's) but when the come home the see that the dwarf's have advaced till their last defence att their very home, they charge and it will be the jo to defeat the attacking leader. Then optional I would let them attack further intill their land off origin and their would be installed a lasting peace between dwarfes and field dwarfs. I'm no sure because the field dwarfes are a peacefull race but i think ill include it in the campaign. After the war (either at home ground or just peace at their new home) Dan ge's promoted to leader by Dolf and he has the first hard task of his live as leader: restoring their live and properties.

I also have updated the unit branch some thime ago but I lost the file so ill search it.

anyhow I'm back and post comments

:evil: Greetz,
Diekil
:twisted:
Last edited by diekil on June 18th, 2007, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diekil

Post by diekil »

K got the unit line a little more deataild but I need some help with balancing so I don't overpower them or make them to weak.
  • Hobbit fighter (lvl1 branch1)
    Dagger, stab 2-5
    Trowing Dagger (ranged) 3-2

Hobbit soldier (lvl2 branch1.1)
    Sword, stab 5-7
    Smal bow (ranged) 4-2

Hobbit blademaster (lvl3 branch1.1)
    2 handed sword stab 6-10
    Bow (ranged) 5-2

Hobbit pikeman (lvl2 branch 1.2)
    Pike 3-7 stab (firststrike)
    Spear (ranged) 1-6

Hobbit elite guard (steadfast) (lvl3 branch1.3)
    Halibert 4-8 stab (firststrike)
    halibert 2-10 (impact)
    spear 1-7 (ranged)

Hobbit youngster (lvl1 branch2)
    Dagger, stab 3-4
    Trowing dagger (ranged) 2-3

Hobbit lieutenant (leadership) (lvl2 branch 2)
    sword 4-7 stab
    crossbow 1-10 (ranged)

Hobbit general (lvl3 branch2)
    sword 5-8 (stab)
    crossbow 1-12 (ranged)

Hobbit aprentice (lvl1 branch3)
    staff (impact) 5-1
    earth bolt 6-3 (magical) (ranged)

Hobbit mage (lvl2 branch 3.1)
    Staff (impact) 7-1
    earth wave (poison) 8-3 (magical) (ranged)

hobbit master of earth (lvl3 branch 3.1)
    Staff (impact) 6-2
    earth blast (poison) 10-3 (magical) (ranged)

Hobbit cleric (cure) (lvl2 branch 3.2)
    Staff (impact) 5-2
    curse of the earth (drain) 7-3 (magical) (ranged)

Hobbit scout (lvl1 branch 4)
    Knive 3-3 (stab)
    bow 4-4 (ranged)

Hobbit hunter (lvl2 branch 4.1)
    Knive 3-5 (stab)
    Bow 4-7(ranged)

Hobbit bowmaster (marksman) (lvl3 branch 4.1)
    Small sword 3-7 (stab)
    Bow 4-9 (ranged)

Hobbit stalker (hide) (lvl2 branch 4.2)
    Knive 4-6 (backstab) (stab)
    Blowing pipe 2-5 (poison) (ranged)

Hobbit assasin (lvl3 branch 4.2)
    Curved knive 4-8 (backstab) (stab)
    Blowing pipe 2-7 (poison) (ranged)

Hobbit hoseman (lvl1 branch 5)
    Sword stab 3-5
    Small Bow 1-3 (ranged)

Hobbit rider
    sword stab 4-6
    crossbow 1-10 (ranged)
I think I have to much unit's mayby delete the assasin branch (but i really like them) or the horseman (don't really like them but they are the well know scouting unit) and then give the archer branch more moves, and yeah can someone give me the average amount of moves per lvl for normal and scout unit's plz?

Greetz,
Diekil
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

If you still need a new name, call them Lowlands or Lowfolk. You see, if they live in plains, that makes mountain-dwelling Dwarves the Highlanders, and the Hobbits the Lowlanders.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
diekil

Post by diekil »

K is a possible name lowlanders ... somthing just aint right about it that i can't fiquere out and lowkolk sounds like wesfolk so...

Anyhow where sould I post my questions about the movements and damage/amount of the attack?

Greetz,

Diekil
diekil

Post by diekil »

Possible new name (thx to help from the campaign topic) hauflin
diekil

Post by diekil »

I'll be off forum for a while becaus i'm helping on spacenoth.

Greetz,
Diekil