Skeleton Mage

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Foxwolf

Skeleton Mage

Post by Foxwolf »

A skeleton mage, yes I know what your all thinking, "Lich" but this is a weaker version, anyway I made some rough drafts and have a few rough draft graphics to go with it. I may add it to my faction (afinians). Anyway tell me your opinions.

Stats:
HP: 14
Attacks: Touch 6-2 (drain), Magic 3-3 (plague)
Alignment: Chaotic (duh)
Moves: 6ish
XP: 30ish
Cost: 22
Level: 1
scott

Post by scott »

You should start with a skeleton image and lose the robe. Then you can make parts of it glow or whatever.

Skeletons in Wesnoth are mindless automatons controlled by a Necromancer. Thus, skeletons shouldn't be able to do magic. However, while this is a general rule, I think the Death Knight breaks it, so I'm not going to tell you to knock it off. Good luck.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

scott wrote:You should start with a skeleton image and lose the robe. Then you can make parts of it glow or whatever.

Skeletons in Wesnoth are mindless automatons controlled by a Necromancer. Thus, skeletons shouldn't be able to do magic. However, while this is a general rule, I think the Death Knight breaks it, so I'm not going to tell you to knock it off. Good luck.
Indeed.

However, the death knight was generally not brought back to life by dark magic, but by raw force of will. (Bad death, back for revenge). He is self-aware, such as the terms used to describe this would go.

Go ahead and use a skeleton mage in your own campaigns, but we'd rather not have it in core unless it's basically a weak lich.
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
JW

Re: Skeleton Mage

Post by JW »

Foxwolf wrote:A skeleton mage, yes I know what your all thinking, "Lich" but this is a weaker version, anyway I made some rough drafts and have a few rough draft graphics to go with it. I may add it to my faction (afinians). Anyway tell me your opinions.

Stats:
HP: 14
Attacks: Touch 6-2 (drain), Magic 3-3 (plague)
Alignment: Chaotic (duh)
Moves: 6ish
XP: 30ish
Level: 1
He's REALLY weak. 14 hp? What will his resistancies be? Also, RIGHT NOW an attack cannot have 2 qualities attatched to it, namely Magic and Plague in your example. I hate this situation for this exact reason. That would be an awesome combination. It might even make the 22 cost for a unit with 14 hp worth it!!

Right now something has to change - either the system or the unit.

I vote the system. :p
Foxwolf

Made some adjustments

Post by Foxwolf »

Anyway here are the new stats:
HP: 16
Attack: Touch 6-2 (drain), Magic 3-4 (plague)*
Moves: 6
XP: 28
*If this is impossible I change the attack type to staff and add another attack: Staff 5-3
(plague)
New Image:

EDIT: Made a tree:
Skeleton Mage->Black Mage
------------------>Death Mage->Reaper
Last edited by Foxwolf on January 2nd, 2006, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

it seems strangely familiar :?
scott

Post by scott »

There you go. That looks pretty good.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Foxwolf

Post by Foxwolf »

Any suggestions? For things I should add/edit? Or should I move onto making
the black mage?
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

Foxwolf wrote:Any suggestions? For things I should add/edit? Or should I move onto making
the black mage?
perhaps the black mage should become the darkness mage :)
Foxwolf

Post by Foxwolf »

you mean my frist image of the skeleton mage? and btw this is for a faction.
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

Foxwolf wrote:you mean my frist image of the skeleton mage? and btw this is for a faction.
no but you said suggestions i thought you meant 2 do with anything about this topic sorry. what i meant was exactly what i said
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

As with the archers that retain some of their bow skills from a previous life, the mages can retain some of their magical skill.
Sorry for the meaningless post
Foxwolf

Post by Foxwolf »

Ahhh, Wolfysx I understand what you mean now, I think black mage is better though, sorry.
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

lol no :lol: :roll: what i meant was that the black mage should level up into the darkness mage :)
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

the idea of a skeleton mage sounds strange to me because mages are the worst ennemies of skeletons... It's like mixing two contraries
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon