Arendians

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Ranger M wrote:Oreb, are there any updates to your changes or should I just go ahead and commit these (bearing in mind that the mounted marksman isn't being removed and the swordsman->hunter advancement probably isn't either)?
Currently busy with other things at the moment so I'd say commit all the changes that you beleive should be changed and not the ones you disagree with. I am going through them at the moment, but rather slowly.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Oreb wrote:Currently busy with other things at the moment so I'd say commit all the changes that you beleive should be changed and not the ones you disagree with. I am going through them at the moment, but rather slowly.
Ok, again thanks for the suggestions (I'll be putting most of the Hp, attack, etc changes, maybe with a little modification if I notice anything wrong).
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

After adding them and being able to compare them to the old ones more easily I've noticed that the horses seem to get slower and more expensive, I'm fine with most of the changes, but remember that with the Arendians recruiting horsemen is encouraged, so they have to be resonably cheap (so you don't break your bank), just keep that in mind when you review them.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Ranger M wrote:After adding them and being able to compare them to the old ones more easily I've noticed that the horses seem to get slower and more expensive, I'm fine with most of the changes, but remember that with the Arendians recruiting horsemen is encouraged, so they have to be resonably cheap (so you don't break your bank), just keep that in mind when you review them.
I agree that the horseman are the elite units of the faction, but the majority being heavy units and clad in armour, that affects the horses movement. Like how the Elvish Outrider is basically clothing, and a skilled horse, which means speed.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Oreb wrote:I agree that the horseman are the elite units of the faction, but the majority being heavy units and clad in armour, that affects the horses movement. Like how the Elvish Outrider is basically clothing, and a skilled horse, which means speed.
The bowrider line is only wearing a small amount of studded leather armour (except the bowmaster who wears a small amount of metal armour), so they should probably be faster than the horseman line.

Actually, scratch that, for now just follow these guidelines. The Boltrider, Bowmaster, chief and Warlord will have metal armour and therefore be slow (about 7 movement, they don't have much metal) with more health, the bowrider, bowknight, mounted marksman, mounted warrior and horsemaster wear leather armour (ignore the current horseman line sprites, they're being re-done) and therefore have medium movement (8), with medium health. There will also be (probably) two new units (don't bother about these yet) which I've been trying to work into the faction for a while which will be added onto the horseman line, they and the horseman will be clothed (no armour) with 9 movement, with a spear (horseman changes to spear) and have a ranged spear throw attack (the advancements, not the horseman, I'm trying to keep changes to the current as small as possible), relatively low health with a charge attack option too (one hit, very high damage, but very risky).

Sorry to change it like this, but I've been trying to work in the spear using horseman for a while with little success (I couldn't justify it because they weren't different enough), by dividing the speeds and health (maybe even some movetypes) into these categories I can now do so. The only major changes will be the horseman getting a spear instead, and the addition of a new line. As for the movetypes, If I do make different ones the resistances are likely to only go up or down by 10% and the movements will increase and decrease accordingly, but It's unlikely that it will be necessary.

EDIT: oh, and the advancement of the horseman might get first strike too, I'm looking for ways to make sure that the line isn't the same as the nemidian horseman, or the horseman from the main game.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Have you seen the new Imperial Era forum?

Also, have you seen the Mythical Birds thread on that forum? In that thread, I suggested another possibility for the Arendian air unit besides a giant eagle, and I was wondering what you thought of it:

Fledgling Thunderbird -> Thunderbird -> Elder Thunderbird

The Fledgling would be able to fly, but not as well as the adult. The Thunderbird would have a melee blade attack and also a ranged attack, I suppose either storm ranged impact or blitz ranged lightning.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Temuchin Khan wrote:Have you seen the new Imperial Era forum?

Also, have you seen the Mythical Birds thread on that forum? In that thread, I suggested another possibility for the Arendian air unit besides a giant eagle, and I was wondering what you thought of it:

Fledgling Thunderbird -> Thunderbird -> Elder Thunderbird

The Fledgling would be able to fly, but not as well as the adult. The Thunderbird would have a melee blade attack and also a ranged attack, I suppose either storm ranged impact or blitz ranged lightning.
I have, but I haven't created an account or logged in yet, I've been very busy for the last few days, and only skimming through the wesnoth forums, let alone logging onto a new one, I'll post something there later on today.