Goblin Javelineer

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Goblin Javelineer

Post by Thrawn »

Turin actually approved of this some time ago, so just bringing it back up, with my attempt at graphics.

For those who hadn't read the old post, goblin spearmen should be able to upgrade to a level one unit that throws spears from the distance--an act of cowardess that goblins would think of.
Attachments
goblin-javalineer.png
goblin-javalineer.png (2.23 KiB) Viewed 5211 times
goblin-javalineer-defend.png
goblin-javalineer-defend.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Can't get rest of pictures up, I'll try later.

Also an idea for level 2 spearman, because IMO the goblin/orc psyche is that of Warhammer, where they attempt to be more impressive than the rest in an effort to gain respect, so I though with addition of rouser, maybe jav. one branch would reach level two (as most real ones reach a level three, four) so...

Goblin Pikeman. Gives himself a cooler name, and scavenges dead for "trophies" to boast about. only slightly stronger, bit more hp
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

comments?

pigandforks

Post by pigandforks »

he looks alot like the level 0 goblin and also...what is the point.
the 3rd Zar

Post by the 3rd Zar »

The point is to have something more to kill those blasted drakes :twisted:
If I were human, I believe my response would be, "Go to Hell"... If I were human. ~ Spock
Dark Helmet

Post by Dark Helmet »

Another part of the point is that a unit line shouldn't end at level one. Even though it does have one before it, it needs one after or next to it to fit with the way the rest of the factions are set up.
Freedom is the ability to say one plus one equals two. When that occurs, all else follows.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Dark Helmet wrote:Another part of the point is that a unit line shouldn't end at level one. Even though it does have one before it, it needs one after or next to it to fit with the way the rest of the factions are set up.
Factions being too similar is usually considered a bad thing. ;)

IMHO, there's no reason to say lines can't end at level 1. Just, lines that do will usually only be used in MP.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

Dark Helmet wrote:Another part of the point is that a unit line shouldn't end at level one. Even though it does have one before it, it needs one after or next to it to fit with the way the rest of the factions are set up.
This was done on purpose. There's no reason for it to be homogenized. I think the goblin spearman is really strong for 8 gold. The limited line is part of the tradeoff.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Duke Guillermo

Post by Duke Guillermo »

I think that this should be an alternative upgrade at level 1, not a continuation in other words:

not:

goblin spearman => goblin impaler => goblin javelineer

but instead:

goblin spearman
=> goblin impaler
=> javelineer

That would be more interesting methinks.
In summation, you're wrong.
Casual User

Post by Casual User »

The branching was, actually, the original idea.

The images look pretty good.
scott

Post by scott »

units.wesnoth.org says the goblin rouser is part of the unit tree as a spearman upgrade (for 1.1). So, the line is getting some help, even if it's not in the way proposed here.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

scott wrote:units.wesnoth.org says the goblin rouser is part of the unit tree as a spearman upgrade (for 1.1). So, the line is getting some help, even if it's not in the way proposed here.
I realize this, but just making more suggestions. I noticed when that was announced.