Wargs

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jester

Post by Jester »

enigmoo wrote:EP: Well, I don't know where you are from but in the US where I am most people's impression of werewolves come from movies. Most werewolf movies revolve around a cursed man transforming into a 'wolfman' during a full moon. The wolfman being half man, half wolf. Good werewolf movies include The Howling, An American Werewolf in London, Wolfen. Of course, werewolf legends are more varied.

As far as gameplay, I think it would add an extra dimension to the game to have a character that was 50%+ at night and 50%- during the day. The plague ability too makes sense.

Alternatively, there could be a 'Leprechaun' character that is powerful during the day (when there are rainbows) and weak at night. In keeping with their dimunitive size they would more appropriately be mages than fighters.

e

"Your opinion may vary"
What you are suggesting is a stronger version of lawfull and chaotic... I don't really see the use of that...

And there are no good hollywood werewolf movies.
Brotherhood of the Wolf is in my oppinion the best, but that's not really a werewolf movie.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

the images look great and yeah i meant maximum, also for the moon blade guys, could you also add some runes onto the sword, black or red runes to show the sword is magic

Yeah there definately needs to be some more level ones , other wise it will be almost impossible to see all these level 4s, maybe have a normal wolf line that goes into the Rabid wolf and a brannch that goes to level 3 of just ordinary wolf brothers, who are helping the werewolves

There should be a seperate line for the wolf stalkers, but keep the the lv1 one we have now, with the leader and the moon blade line
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Regarding those unit images-

I really don't think that copying pieces of existing wesnoth-wolf graphics is an acceptable approach.

It'd be nice if you guys could try to do the graphics from scratch.

You ought to give it a go, even if it looks bad at first.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Jester wrote:And there are no good hollywood werewolf movies.
Brotherhood of the Wolf is in my oppinion the best, but that's not really a werewolf movie.
You know, that's based on the whole "Beast of Gevaudan" thing. Anyone not familiar ought to do a google search on "Beast of Gevaudan."

8)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Isliodoth

Post by Isliodoth »

Cool Idea for the werewolves!

The nature of the wolves though I seem to get themes from a book called "Cry of The Icemark".

The werewolves are (In the Cry of The Icemark) a race of wolf men that have a very strict code of conduct and seem to have the intellegence of men, and speek like civallised human beings.

In the book as well they have Vampires :twisted: . They have massive swords with a tint of red in the blades. The race of vampires are immortal and can change into giant bats. (Try to give Vampires a trait or abillity to show their speed)

Think this info may be useful. :wink:
()
/[]\
/ \
enigmoo

Post by enigmoo »

What you are suggesting is a stronger version of lawfull and chaotic... I don't really see the use of that...
Yes.. exactly but only for these units. It would give them something unique . The fact you would have to protect them during the day would alter your strategy. Which i beleieve is what makes new units more interesting, no? Also, they should probably be quicker than any unmounted human.

So I think the ideal werewolf would be a strong melee only unit as mentioned with 8 or 9 moves, plague and added bonus at night and weakness during the day.
mickyg

Post by mickyg »

i dont think that their are enough variations to just have a malle group but if we joined the vampires with the werewolves then we could have a powerfull team
Jester

Post by Jester »

@mickeyg:
Absolutely not. Earlier in this thread it has been explained why and how this faction (era maybe) is going to be.
If you want to start a faction/era yourself, then go ahead, but leave this one out of it.
Thank you.

@Raven:
I have come up with the following

Code: Select all

L1               L2                  L3                    L4

-> Blade of Gaia
Werewolf -> Warrior      -> Pack Leader -> Garou
                                   -> Moon Blade   
              -> Rabid Wolf 
Stalker    -> Shadow Pelt -> Night Eye
As you can see I made the stalker line a different branch.
I also added 'Blade of Gaia' (might need a new name). Which is basically the ultimate warrior of this faction (pack leader is warrior leader, moon blade is warrior mage, this is a warrior warrior), it will have a huge war axe, yeah I like that.

@Doc Paterson:
I have tried that, I really have. But I really couldn't do it.
Now, unless there really is a big problem, I'd like to keep these images.

@enigmoo:
Well, making them an all close-combat faction would already make them a rather unique faction, giving them a big advantage but also a big disadvantage.
I don't think the stronger lawfull-chaotic idea is really nessecary.
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Here is my idea:

Code: Select all

-> Pack Leader -> Garou
-> Werewolf -
            -> Werewolf Wrestler-> Werwolf Pounder

-> Swordsman -> Werewolf Slasher
-> Warrior -
            -> Moon Blade -> Silver Moon Blade

-> Black Werewolf -> Shadow Pelt -> Night Eye

-> Rabid Wolf
Wolf -
        -> Wolf -> Wolf
Descriptions for new units:

Werewolf Wrestler: High Pounds and Scratchers, while leadership line has lower pounds and scratches, also a wrestler attack,

Werewolf Pounder: High Wrestle, Pound and Scratch attack,

Warrior: To make balanced the swordsman line cost more and somehting about sacrificing there great defense in order for a sword, less health

Swordsman: Has more health but lower attack and just a normal blade

Slasher: Has more health and a lower attack

Black Werewolf: ???

Wolf Line: The werewolves have asked their primitive brothers to help them in the war against humans
Jester

Post by Jester »

Well, IMO the werewolf and vampire factions should not be to big, certainly not in comparising with the human-slayer faction. For werewolves and vampires are creatures of myth, they should be a rare sighting. To reflect this I don't really want such big factions.

Besides I don't think a wrestler would fit the idea.

I do, however, like your idea of wolves being allied to them. Maybe that should be the scouting line.
Oh, and the Rabid Wolf is what I think a werewolf that couldn't control his 'animal side' anymore, or something like that. We can ofcourse also add a rabid wolf like unit to the wolf line, I'd like that.

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

well thats just an idea, there should be a branch off the captain that has claws, fists and bite only and have more health, while the swordsman line has more attack
Jester

Post by Jester »

The Raven wrote:well thats just an idea, there should be a branch off the captain that has claws, fists and bite only and have more health, while the swordsman line has more attack
Which is basically what the Rabid Wolf is. If you want I can add an advancement for it.

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Since it is sort of Logans faction i will get his input and he can decide, keep working on the graphics already decided on for now Jester and we'll see how it turns out
stormlord

Post by stormlord »

I and another person had done some work on werewolf faction, but we stopped, so i`d like to suggest few things.

Great idea to make them without ranged attacks.
In most storys about werewolfs they are [censored] hard to kill. So 1 of 3 things is must to them: good defense at variuos terrains, good resistense, regeneration. Imho werewolfs should have all 3, because no ranged attacks is seriuos disadvantage.
If they would have plague then it should spawn noly 0lv units and attacks which is plague based should be something like 3-1. why? imho it woud be overpowered if it was main attack.
Werewolf mages, moon sword looks strange imho :D i thought they should have something ike "claws of fire".
Leadership is a must for them.
To me it looks strange that werewolfs uses armors and weapons.

Thats all for now.
Jester

Post by Jester »

The Raven wrote:Since it is sort of Logans faction i will get his input and he can decide, keep working on the graphics already decided on for now Jester and we'll see how it turns out
I don't want to be rude or anything, but Logan hasn't done a thing. You can't say that it is his faction.