Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Locked
User avatar
Temuchin Khan
Posts: 1720
Joined: September 3rd, 2004, 6:35 pm
Location: Player 6 on the original Agaia map

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Alrighty then, it's up on the 1.9 server as "Imperial_Era_Fixed" under that old familiar campfire image. Go get it and play.
Also up are the Fall Of Silvium and Up From Slavery campaigns, which will work for fixed, I hope. The others will follow as I play through them and remove as any of the bugs as my non-existant wml knowledge will allow.
Welcome back to the Imperial Era, folks. Please, direct any suggested changes to me, I guess, first priority is making the campaigns available, but after that...who knows.
Great! Thanks!

User avatar
Peter the Great
Posts: 296
Joined: August 9th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Peter the Great »

Wow, it's great that you're trying to resurrect Imperial Era again! Unfortunately our main members lost interest (Turin, Urs, Myself, Temuchin stuck around for all this time though =P). I'm currently booting up my old computer which should have the password for updating imperial era because I'm pretty sure Chefu didn't change it from what I originally set it to. I'll pm it to you as soon as I find the file.
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.

User avatar
Temuchin Khan
Posts: 1720
Joined: September 3rd, 2004, 6:35 pm
Location: Player 6 on the original Agaia map

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Peter the Great wrote:Temuchin stuck around for all this time though =P
It depends. I'm come around when I have time. Lately I've been on the forums more.

User avatar
UnwiseOwl
Posts: 486
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:58 am

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Sadly, I've tried the passphrase that you supplied, TK, and I'm afraid it's bust. Without Chefu around (or intervention from the forum Gods) We're stuck with two versions of the IE. When I release any further campaigns they'll be compliant with Imperial_Era_Fixed, at least until I can replace the old one or we move to 1.10.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.

User avatar
Temuchin Khan
Posts: 1720
Joined: September 3rd, 2004, 6:35 pm
Location: Player 6 on the original Agaia map

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Sadly, I've tried the passphrase that you supplied, TK, and I'm afraid it's bust. Without Chefu around (or intervention from the forum Gods) We're stuck with two versions of the IE. When I release any further campaigns they'll be compliant with Imperial_Era_Fixed, at least until I can replace the old one or we move to 1.10.
It's a shame the password didn't work, but it was Peter the Great who supplied it, not me, so I'm afraid I can't help with that.

User avatar
UnwiseOwl
Posts: 486
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:58 am

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Good point, that. Sorry, Peter!
Hrmm, oh well, this works for now.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.

User avatar
Drakefriend
Posts: 436
Joined: September 27th, 2009, 12:57 pm
Location: Wandering from one world to another
Contact:

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Drakefriend »

You should probably update the dwarf portraits (at the Caverni).
Energy does seem to be disfunctional- the damage type is given as "UNTLB type_energy", and there is no entry for energy in the descriptions.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.

User avatar
UnwiseOwl
Posts: 486
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:58 am

Re: Imperial Era Fixed - version 0.19 released

Post by UnwiseOwl »

At the moment, none of the rest of the IE has portraits, so I'm not too concerned about that one (I'll add the new ones, but it's not a high priority, unless someone wants to do the portrait art for the other...70 or so units in the era.)
Yeah, the energy damage type is a problem that seems to have arisen in this version, it doesn't affect gameplay, but it looks bad. I've made this change in the most recent update, and it should now work. *crosses fingers*
Feel free to make gameplay and balance suggestions for the era, especially if you're willing to do some playtesting, but my focus is going to be, at least for the next few weeks, on restoring the campaigns, which for me have always been the heart of the IE. In multiplayer, the IE is not currently very balanced (worse than I remember) with only the Sidhe, Lavinians and Marauders done properly, but with any luck we'll get there. If you want a multiplayer game on the 1.9 server, I'm keen, so drop me a line.

EDIT: Epic of Vaniyera is now also up on the 1.9 Add-ons server. There's a number of issues with it, but it's very playable and shouldn't crash (any more than anything else on 1.9, anyway :p . (Note to self: For playtesting purposes, don't play this on hard again if you value your sanity).
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.

User avatar
Temuchin Khan
Posts: 1720
Joined: September 3rd, 2004, 6:35 pm
Location: Player 6 on the original Agaia map

Re: Imperial Era Fixed - version 0.19 released

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:At the moment, none of the rest of the IE has portraits, so I'm not too concerned about that one (I'll add the new ones, but it's not a high priority, unless someone wants to do the portrait art for the other...70 or so units in the era.)
Yeah, the energy damage type is a problem that seems to have arisen in this version, it doesn't affect gameplay, but it looks bad. I've made this change in the most recent update, and it should now work. *crosses fingers*
Feel free to make gameplay and balance suggestions for the era, especially if you're willing to do some playtesting, but my focus is going to be, at least for the next few weeks, on restoring the campaigns, which for me have always been the heart of the IE. In multiplayer, the IE is not currently very balanced (worse than I remember) with only the Sidhe, Lavinians and Marauders done properly, but with any luck we'll get there. If you want a multiplayer game on the 1.9 server, I'm keen, so drop me a line.

EDIT: Epic of Vaniyera is now also up on the 1.9 Add-ons server. There's a number of issues with it, but it's very playable and shouldn't crash (any more than anything else on 1.9, anyway :p . (Note to self: For playtesting purposes, don't play this on hard again if you value your sanity).
Thanks for updating Imperial Era! Now, since you commented in one of the Khalifate threads that the Khalifate could replace the Airiya in the Feudal Era*, that raises a question: Should we also update the Feudal Era and the Wild Era? I do have the Wesnoth 1.6 versions of both, and I suppose I could send them to you as a zip file or something, if you have time to do it. I probably don't, but it might be nice to have them available again.
---------------------
*Were you thinking of the Kedari? The Airiya were going to go in another Orbivm era that we never wound up making.

EDIT: Also, a friend of mine has discovered a bug in Imperial Champions. While the regular Cavernei work fine, the Champions version can't seem to recruit at all. We're not sure yet what's causing this, but I thought I'd report it.

User avatar
UnwiseOwl
Posts: 486
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:58 am

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Ha, yes, I meant the Kedari (I always get those two mixed up). As far as I can see, the Kedari are very similar to the Khalifate and didn't get developed very far, but I suspect that I never saw the most recent version of the Feudal Era. I was joking about adopting the Khalifate, but they do seem to me to be more Orbivm than Wesnoth.

At the moment, my Wesnoth time is taken up completely with getting the campaigns working in 1.9 (Gali's Contract with its nested events is proving to be a nightmare), and then I'll be focusing on rebalancing the IE so it's properly playable in Multiplayer, so if you have any ideas on that that'd be great. After that, if I'm still on a Wesnoth binge, I'm happy to look at updating the Feudal and Ancient Era, so if you could send them to me that'd be good. No promises, but if I've got them I might get inspired. If you say you have the 1.6 version, does that pre-date the Droch Fae and the Kedari, or are they included, the only version of FE I still have in my archives is the old 5-factions version.

On the Cavernei, I'd noticed this one too, and I have no idea what's causing it. I'll have a dive into the code sometime and have a look, there's not that much code for the Champions, so it should be a quick fix. At a guess, there's no recruit list :D
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.

User avatar
Temuchin Khan
Posts: 1720
Joined: September 3rd, 2004, 6:35 pm
Location: Player 6 on the original Agaia map

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Ha, yes, I meant the Kedari (I always get those two mixed up). As far as I can see, the Kedari are very similar to the Khalifate and didn't get developed very far, but I suspect that I never saw the most recent version of the Feudal Era. I was joking about adopting the Khalifate, but they do seem to me to be more Orbivm than Wesnoth.

At the moment, my Wesnoth time is taken up completely with getting the campaigns working in 1.9 (Gali's Contract with its nested events is proving to be a nightmare), and then I'll be focusing on rebalancing the IE so it's properly playable in Multiplayer, so if you have any ideas on that that'd be great. After that, if I'm still on a Wesnoth binge, I'm happy to look at updating the Feudal and Ancient Era, so if you could send them to me that'd be good. No promises, but if I've got them I might get inspired. If you say you have the 1.6 version, does that pre-date the Droch Fae and the Kedari, or are they included, the only version of FE I still have in my archives is the old 5-factions version.
The Kedari were going to be split into two factions, one lawful and one chaotic, and given new art, but we never got around to it. As for the Droch Fae, I don't think the art for them was ever completed.

Also, in my version of Feudal Era I fixed a syntax error that prevented the High Elf Sorceress from moving.

User avatar
UnwiseOwl
Posts: 486
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:58 am

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Also, a friend of mine has discovered a bug in Imperial Champions. While the regular Cavernei work fine, the Champions version can't seem to recruit at all. We're not sure yet what's causing this, but I thought I'd report it.
And solved! Turns out the Journeymann was being referenced as the Journeyman (who would have thought that that little idiosyncracy would cause problems :P). I've uploaded the era again, but if you want to save yourself a few MB downloads you can go into the Journeyman.cfg and change his id to "=Cavernei Journeyman", and it'll work like a bought one (don't know why you'd want to play cavernei anyway, but hey...). The only other change between this and the last version is that the Cavernei and Orces leaders now appear in the Champions menu when you're selecting, to do this yourself, go into their .cfgs and append "units/" to the beginning of their image files.
Regards, your friendly neighbourhood pseudo-maintainer, wOl.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.

User avatar
Temuchin Khan
Posts: 1720
Joined: September 3rd, 2004, 6:35 pm
Location: Player 6 on the original Agaia map

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:
Also, a friend of mine has discovered a bug in Imperial Champions. While the regular Cavernei work fine, the Champions version can't seem to recruit at all. We're not sure yet what's causing this, but I thought I'd report it.
And solved! Turns out the Journeymann was being referenced as the Journeyman (who would have thought that that little idiosyncracy would cause problems :P). I've uploaded the era again, but if you want to save yourself a few MB downloads you can go into the Journeyman.cfg and change his id to "=Cavernei Journeyman", and it'll work like a bought one (don't know why you'd want to play cavernei anyway, but hey...). The only other change between this and the last version is that the Cavernei and Orces leaders now appear in the Champions menu when you're selecting, to do this yourself, go into their .cfgs and append "units/" to the beginning of their image files.
Regards, your friendly neighbourhood pseudo-maintainer, wOl.
There you go. Small syntax eras can create big problems.

Also, I noticed that in Imperial Champions the name "Orces Gladiotores" should be changed to "Orcei Gladiatores," to match the regular Imperial Era name for the faction. It may just be a small change, but it would be good to have some consistency there.

User avatar
UnwiseOwl
Posts: 486
Joined: April 9th, 2010, 4:58 am

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by UnwiseOwl »

This is now changed in my copy and will be included in the next release to the add-ons server, which will occur whenever I have made a critical mass of changes that justifies someone downloading another 3.5 MB. So if you want this change made, you'd better play some games and find some bugs. :p
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.

User avatar
Temuchin Khan
Posts: 1720
Joined: September 3rd, 2004, 6:35 pm
Location: Player 6 on the original Agaia map

Re: Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

Post by Temuchin Khan »

UnwiseOwl wrote:This is now changed in my copy and will be included in the next release to the add-ons server, which will occur whenever I have made a critical mass of changes that justifies someone downloading another 3.5 MB. So if you want this change made, you'd better play some games and find some bugs. :p
Yeah, it really isn't a major change. But since the Orcei Gladiatores were my idea, I'm the one who'd notice it.

Locked