Imperial Multiplayer Era - version 0.17 released

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Greeks were into triremes, not romans, and it was the greeks that destroyed Troy.
hey.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

The Raven wrote:Troy the Movie: Was it Greeks or Romans that destroyed Troy, well anyway you could have a boat some along the lines of a Trireme (spelling?), seems roman enough, sometimes I get Ancient Roman and Greek architecture confused...
you sir, are a lucky ass. I had to go through three whole years study Greek mythology (about a third of that was on Troy), and you've spent so little (or no) time on it that you don't even know which country it was!

*Starts tearing hair out in a manic manner*

Do you have and idea how long it took me to try to forget all of that stuff?!?!?!?
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ranger M wrote:
The Raven wrote:Troy the Movie: Was it Greeks or Romans that destroyed Troy, well anyway you could have a boat some along the lines of a Trireme (spelling?), seems roman enough, sometimes I get Ancient Roman and Greek architecture confused...
you sir, are a lucky ass. I had to go through three whole years study Greek mythology (about a third of that was on Troy), and you've spent so little (or no) time on it that you don't even know which country it was!

Do you have and idea how long it took me to try to forget all of that stuff?!?!?!?
Even I knew that and I did it 8 years ago in year 3. (I'm 14 now so you foreign guys can work out how long ago it was)
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Disto wrote:Even I knew that and I did it 8 years ago in year 3. (I'm 14 now so you foreign guys can work out how long ago it was)
Hmm, I never knew you were 14, (hint, so am I), you always seemed older than me.

Then again I have probably know before and just not noticed.
Jester

Post by Jester »

[useless comment]
You know there is this enw theory that the Illias and all didn't take place in the mediterranea? Troy was probably located near Cambridge, Odysseus was probably a Spaniard, Agamemnon was a Frenchman (king of the city of Trois we know today), the witch Circe lived in the Netherlands in a place we now know as Zierikzee.
http://www.troy-in-england.co.uk/
http://www.jesus1053.com/l2-wahl/l2-aut ... r-Engl.htm
[/useless comment]
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Disto

Post by Disto »

Jester wrote:
[useless comment]
You know there is this enw theory that the Illias and all didn't take place in the mediterranea? Troy was probably located near Cambridge, Odysseus was probably a Spaniard, Agamemnon was a Frenchman (king of the city of Trois we know today), the witch Circe lived in the Netherlands in a place we now know as Zierikzee.
http://www.troy-in-england.co.uk/
http://www.jesus1053.com/l2-wahl/l2-aut ... r-Engl.htm
[/useless comment]
Cool so where I live Could of got burned to the ground.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Ranger M wrote:

Well I like Medievil Times, but I choose to only learn about in my time, and if I medievil game has some facts well I'll read it, (I've always been a fan of Medieval: Total War... and on that line some more ship names, the roman papal states (stupid pope), used dhrows as their smallest ships and most insignificant, then their was a cog...

But thats all I remember for now, the other ships would be to big anyway, but their names might be good, so I'll check it later
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

The Raven wrote:Well I like Medievil Times, but I choose to only learn about in my time, and if I medievil game has some facts well I'll read it, (I've always been a fan of Medieval: Total War... and on that line some more ship names, the roman papal states (stupid pope), used dhrows as their smallest ships and most insignificant, then their was a cog...

But thats all I remember for now, the other ships would be to big anyway, but their names might be good, so I'll check it later
your just rubbing your blissful lack of knowlage in my face, aren't you? Troy was invaded in ancient times, sometime in BC, not medieval times (which I think is about 1000AD-1500AD, but since I gave up history last year, I don't know for sure)
Mortles

Post by Mortles »

Medival is AD476-AD1600(sometimes 1492)
Nobody's perfect. Only present perfect is perfect."

--A gramatical discusion in a Wesnoth game
Mortles

Post by Mortles »

And Greek has invaded Troy somtimes about 1250BC.

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Mortles wrote:And Greek has invaded Troy somtimes about 1250BC.
And yet back then, they had great armour, castles, powerful boats that sailed across oceans... All that was only just made around Medievil times, before Medievil boats could only travel coasts for fear of storms and getting lost
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Mortles wrote:Medival is AD476-AD1600(sometimes 1492)
Sure, if you define "medieval" to be the period in between the end of the classical period and the beginning of the modern era; but usually you have this thing called the "dark ages" in between the classical and the middle ages. ;)

Anyway, to get slightly back on topic....

Are there any ideas for a Lavinian sea unit?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Mortles

Post by Mortles »

Hmmm something roman.... delphins?

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Mortles wrote:Hmmm something roman.... delphins?
yeah, that's an idea. But what could a dolphin unit actually do? It couldn't move on land at all, and it would have a really bad attack...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Jester

Post by Jester »

Hippo's, crocodiles, any aquatic beast used in the arena?
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.