The Dark Elves

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

avv

Post by avv »

JW wrote:
avv wrote:And again: there should be a swimmer/flyer.
I think that's debatable. I thought they were a subterranean race.
Dwarves are too subterranean race and they have a flying griffon.
Elves dwell in forests, but they have a merman hunter, that lives in oceans.
And why there cannot be flyers or swimmers in the caves? There is subterranean lakes and rivers and huge cave sections.
autolycus

Post by autolycus »

I like the idea that dark elves could have a swimmer... After all, underground water systems exist. And the swimmer could be the dark equivalent of a triton/merman too.

It would be nice if they had a unit which could phase through rock obstacles or teleport from dark area to dark area. But these are old ideas which probably can't be implemented without imbalance.
as kingfishers catch fire
so dragonflies draw flame
-GMH
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

Hmm... probably a bad suggestion...but how about the "Cave Naga"? It was in the images directory of some campaign I saw.
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Maybe as enemies. Would be very hard, but gives a twist to the game. I say no on flying/swimming units on the dark elves' side. It would make all the missions with unpassable water too easy. But as enemies...
avv

Post by avv »

ILikeProgramming wrote:Maybe as enemies. Would be very hard, but gives a twist to the game. I say no on flying/swimming units on the dark elves' side. It would make all the missions with unpassable water too easy. But as enemies...
Every faction has an unit that is able to cross water quickly. Why should DE have one too? And is it too easy for any faction to succeed in missions with unpassable water? Or are you saying that DE should be able to beat up everyone in normal ground to even out their problems with water?
I think that a sadistic, sexy, winged man-eating succubus would fit to DE theme pretty well. Emmanovi's cave naga is good idea as well.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I was thinking of just making the lizard rider able to swim over deep water.

I agree that the enchantress is pretty useless right now, I was going to make it more powerful, more hp, greater melee skills. Or maybe just decrease the cost to 18 gold, but I would rather not.

I will add a lvl. 3 lizard rider, and the secondary fire wizard line too.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

ILikeProgramming wrote:Maybe as enemies. Would be very hard, but gives a twist to the game. I say no on flying/swimming units on the dark elves' side. It would make all the missions with unpassable water too easy. But as enemies...
Replace the water with canyon

Then Assasin's idea works.
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

when you add canyones in caves grass is growing around the canyon and that doesn't look to good

[Assasin] You said you wanted feedback and you got plenty also i think you should make the wizard fighter line and lower the exp needed to level up the enchantress line
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

avv wrote:
JW wrote: I think that's debatable. I thought they were a subterranean race.
Dwarves are too subterranean race and they have a flying griffon.
Elves dwell in forests, but they have a merman hunter, that lives in oceans.
And why there cannot be flyers or swimmers in the caves? There is subterranean lakes and rivers and huge cave sections.
I am saying that it is debatable, not whether or not they should or should not have a swimmer / flyer.

You said that they should and I am saying that is not necessarily true. That could perhaps be a weakness they need to make up using their stronger melee skills. That would actually be an interesting twist and add some new considerations to the game.

So I'll repeat myself and say that it is debatable whether or not they should have a smimmer/flyer.

Maybe there's an aquatic elf like the sea orc?
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

The Raven wrote:when you add canyones in caves grass is growing around the canyon and that doesn't look to good

[Assasin] You said you wanted feedback and you got plenty also i think you should make the wizard fighter line and lower the exp needed to level up the enchantress line
yes, I am doing that right now, but I don't want to add anything until we release 0.4.0 I'll make the changes, but we won't add them.

Oreb

Post by Oreb »

since i have nothing to do right now i will start on the end maps, if that is fine
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

Flight to Freedom has a cave naga.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

hmm....cave monsters...yeah 8)

hey guys I'm a little stumped on what to call the other wizard line. Not fire wizard, not tinkerer, it needs to be something mechanical, techno, and magical all at once. Remember they make artifact weapons and channel their magic through it.

Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Assasin wrote:hmm....cave monsters...yeah 8)

hey guys I'm a little stumped on what to call the other wizard line. Not fire wizard, not tinkerer, it needs to be something mechanical, techno, and magical all at once. Remember they make artifact weapons and channel their magic through it.
artificer?
avv

Post by avv »

Maybe there's an aquatic elf like the sea orc?
Why not? The fluff would be something like this:

"Centuries ago the lords of dark elves decided that they need to chart all the underground lakes and rivers in order to find more ways to reach surface. They ordered their most skilled beastmasters to breed a completely new elven race, who would be able to breath water and air. Hundreds of dark elf babies were given to the beastmasters. These babies were supposed to be the first generation of the new elven race. They were taught to swim and dive in early age. In fact, they spent whole their life in water, never allowed to walk in dry land.
The skilled wizards of dark elves created a magical seed, that was planted to each of the childs. It was a seed that slowly started to spread in the systems of the babies, changing their bodies to be more suitable for living in water. When the elven childs had grown adult, they no longer looked like rest of their kin. Their skin was covered with layer of slime and tiny, fish-like scales. They had lost their eyelids. A folds of skin had grown between their toes and fingers. Gills had grown to their necks.
"

What would these aquatic elves be called? The Gillkin?
Assasin wrote:hmm....cave monsters...yeah 8)

What kind of changes you are going to do? Two wizard lines? Another uses artifacts to cast fireballs, another cold? What magic does the level 1 unit use?

What about kinetic strikes? Would it be possible that enchantress uses kinetic attacks? Enchantress is somekind of priestess, right? Why is priestess using cold magic? She should be channeling the forces of her god.

Just an idea:
What if there could be a second level 2 hunter. He would use heavy crossbow to cause massive damage instantly.