Hand duel fighter.

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

you can post your ideas here, monk could be a good unit or faction post your ideas here!
You cannot ride a roller coaster if you are under 4 feet tall unless you are older than 16 years old.
Kafka

Post by Kafka »

I had the idea of having a Far East type faction, and including monks as a major part. Here was my idea for the basic "monk" unit:

Initiate:
HP: 36 Moves: 6 Alignment: Lawful Required XP: ?40?

Initiates are the most common warriors of this faction. Having trained behind monastery walls for most of their lives, they are adept in unarmed combat, dodging blows and delivering powerful strikes. They have trained to be resistant to the elements, but they sacrifice the protection of armor for mobility. They have trained in many natural settings, as well as in their monasteries, but don't fight well in placed where their enemies can hide or their mobility is reduced, such as towns, swamps, and mountains.

ATTACKS:

Name Type Strikes Range Special

Punch Impact 6-3 Melee First Strike

Flying Kick Impact 14-1 Melee Charge

Resistances:

Attack Type Resistance

blade -20%
cold 20%
fire 20%
holy 20%
impact 10%
pierce -30%

Terrain Modifiers:

Terrain Defense Movement
Castle 50% 1
Sand 40% 1
Snow 30% 2
Cave Wall 50% -
Shallow Water 20% 2
Forest 40% 2
Grassland 50% 1
Hills 50% 2
Mountains 30% 3
Deep Water 20% -
Village 30% 1
Cave 40% 1
Swamp 20% 2

If you want, i can post my ideas on 4 other far east units, i haven't worked on lv2 versions or higher that much
It's not about winning or losing, it's about how many you can take out before you go down!
Breeblebox

Post by Breeblebox »

Kafka wrote:You <unnecesary>. D&D didn't make that...
I don't think that kind of language is appreciated on these boards Kafka. Well, not so much the language, as the sentiment...
Bear, as in Fozzy,Bare, as in Arms,Beer, as in Free.
Distro | Browser
Kafka

Post by Kafka »

oh yeah, i forgot the cost for the innitaite, it was 16. And i'm sorry for the language earlier, i'm anal about stupid comments on random useless stuff, and i'm a dnd freak
It's not about winning or losing, it's about how many you can take out before you go down!
Ardonik

Post by Ardonik »

Kafka wrote:
Tieom wrote: I think the whole "clerics don't fight with edged weapons" thing is just a myth created by D&D, most likely as a class balancing factor.
You @**, you stupid dumb***.
Kafka, don't make posts like this again. The enmity they cause defeats anything constructive that you happened to be trying to say.
Kafka

Post by Kafka »

well, that's great, but I already explained myself and appologized. You're a little late on that one bub. I don't mean to be offensive, it was an inappropriate thing, even with the self-censorism, which doesn't excuse it. However, i do believe that it emphasized my point, not overshadowed it. I do appologize and i won't do it again. However, shut up, I already appologized.........
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Kafka wrote:However, i do believe that it emphasized my point, not overshadowed it.
It didn't. This forums users are sensitive to idiocy and tend to be automatically in disagreement with any text that follows it.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
unsung

Post by unsung »

I think an unarmed figgter would only bee good if he was a grappler. and then he'd have to be useless against some units for it to make sense. the mauler for example would HAVE to be stronger.
those of you who have leanrned martial arts know what I mena for units he would have to be weak to.
and i think that swearing actually can help to make a point in some cases although that doesn't seem to apply to this forum.
no I'm not defending him thats just my opinion.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Tieom

Post by Tieom »

Kafka wrote:
Tieom wrote: I think the whole "clerics don't fight with edged weapons" thing is just a myth created by D&D, most likely as a class balancing factor.
You @**, you stupid dumb***. D&D didn't make that, nor is that even the case in D&D, because clerics can use edged weapons there.
Well, in 3.5, Clerics aren't (by default) proficient with any edged weapon larger than a dagger... That basically leaves them restricted to said daggers, as well as staves, maces, crossbows, and spears. I believe that they can gain martial weapon proficiency (e.g. swords) through multi-classing or (if memory serves) expending a feat.

However, in 2nd edition it's explicitly stated that Clerics can't use edged weapons. An explaination of such:
The rule, "Clerics can't use edged weapons," was placed in the game to prevent clerics from being as powerful as fighters and being able to cast spells as well, thus making fighters less than desirable to play in comparison to clerics - at least while low in level.
No idea how it worked in 1st edition, sadly.

Back to the discussion at hand...
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

About the clerics they are proficient with all simple weapons which includes short sword at least and probably a few other bladed weapons, with most gods having bladed weapons as there favored weapon,

Now onto the faction Kafka has been making of the east. The first unit seems to have an ok amount just in seeing himself, but I belive before we can go debating this fully the rest of the faction at least the lv ones must be shown to the world.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.
Tieom

Post by Tieom »

Tippsey wrote:About the clerics they are proficient with all simple weapons which includes short sword at least, and probably a few other bladed weapons,
Well, no, actually...
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/wea ... pleWeapons is a list of what falls under 'simple weapons'... Short swords are listed under martial weapons. It's either a Sickle or a Dagger for simple, edged weapons (unless you count spears as "edged").

Last post in this thread for me.
Ardonik

Post by Ardonik »

Kafka wrote:well, that's great, but I already explained myself and appologized. You're a little late on that one bub. I don't mean to be offensive, it was an inappropriate thing, even with the self-censorism, which doesn't excuse it. However, i do believe that it emphasized my point, not overshadowed it. I do appologize and i won't do it again. However, shut up, I already appologized.........
I didn't see your reply when I wrote my previous post. Sorry about that.
drachefly

Post by drachefly »

A sickle is NOT a simple weapon to use. Oh, whatever. D&DINR.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Hmm well the list proves me wrong, sorry about the short sword but indeed the sickle is in the true php 3.5 as well.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.