Dark Elves

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

The current Dark Elf images are looking rather nice. I might use them for undead Aragwaith in my potential new campaign.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:The current Dark Elf images are looking rather nice. I might use them for undead Aragwaith in my potential new campaign.
I have no problem with you using them. There are going to be a few scenes with the Undead in the Dark Elves Campagin, so we could use this as a test to see how well they work together.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Disto

Post by Disto »

Assasin asked me to post a animated gif so here we are.
Attachments
dark_elf_fighter-attack.gif
dark_elf_fighter-attack.gif (3.47 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Warrior King

Post by Warrior King »

ok, that just doesn't look right to me. i'll work on some other ones.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Just to satisfy one person, I'm going to show the difference between the Dark Elf Fighter, and Shadow's Nightelf

Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Notice that he looks dirty, his clothes are ruffled, and his stance is very open and basic. His hair is shorter, and more straight, and he has no armor on. He looks like a lvl. 1 unit.

Now, let us take a look at the nightelf:

Assasin

Post by Assasin »

His hair is much more thick, his clothes are green, and he looks like he is meant to run in the open. His sword is longer, and he has a head band typical of the wood elves. Everything about him looks more refined and tamed, not like a Dark Elf.

We used him as an example, though I don't think he would make a good Dark Elf. We may use him briefly in the campagin, in fact I am sure I will put him in, but not as a Dark Elf.

Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Belwar wrote:Deep underground evil is spreading. In the form of Elves, yet not so. A race that is called the Dark Elves by many, old wives tales most say. Yet how can old wives tales send Dwarves scurrying from their homes. And to every legend a grain of truth can be found.

The Dark Elves have lived in the silent blackness for years, adapting to a world into which they were cast. They added to their knowledge of the arcane arts, the dark magic. And through this they have wrought a thriving underground society. They had armies, cities, and a ruling queen. They divided into seperate houses, and thus were their lords chosen.

For years they have lived in silence, content to be ignored by the world of light above them, until the greed of the Dwarves drew them to send scouting parties deep into the caves. In search of gold. Greed drove them, but few returned to their great halls unscathed. Those that did return spout incoherent babble, and amongst their words were always talk of strange Clerics of the Night, torturing their chosen victims to death, only to restore them back to life.

The Dwarves put up with this for awhile, until the grand Dwarf Lord sent his young cousin to scout with a party. He came back, days later, alone. He was scarred and he too went on about the mysterious Clerics. So thus the Grand Dwarf Lord's anger was aroused, he amassed his house to strike down his enemies once and for all.

The Queen of the Dark Elves heard tell of the Dwarves anger, and she appointed a new general to the front lines to command her troops. The glorious 10th Legion of the Night.You have been given 11 years to regain your honor, or you will be tortured to death, but not before the Clerics have practised their tourtuing techniques on you until they get bored. If the Dwarves don't kill you, your men will. Order is difficult to keep, and you are continually stopping fights, punishing your troops, and wishing something horrible would happen. Your watch as the guards alert you of a Dwarvish scout party heading towards the keep. You ready your men, hoping that you die in this battle......

heres our revised copy made by Ryorin and its like ten times better so tell us what you think and if you want to help thats cool to cause we need it.
quoted for ILikePrograming

Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Hey fellows, can you send me the info for the second mission please.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

sure if i can remember it ill have to talk to assasin and then ill send it to you so well have it for you within a couple of days.

Note to those helping us: IMPORTANT!

do not post anything on the forum consering the storyline. leave that to me and assasin cause we dont want people finding out how this mission goes before all we even finish the campaign.

thanks for helping.
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I'm working on the script for the whole campaign. ILikeProgramming has already done the first and second scenerio, and is waiting for me to finish with the third. I'll send what I have to both of you later today.

Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

I like the dark elves in a lot of games and if the developers don't like the idea of a new race than make it an extension for a race, for example the dwarves may have enslaved their enemies that they fought long ago and now they use them in combat :D
Warrior King

Post by Warrior King »

WolfyX wrote:I like the dark elves in a lot of games and if the developers don't like the idea of a new race than make it an extension for a race, for example the dwarves may have enslaved their enemies that they fought long ago and now they use them in combat :D
thanks but no thanks. the whole idea for making DE is to introduce a new race, a forgotten race of myth that has reentered the world of reality :)

i would rather not add to an existing race's unit line. i think it would screw it up.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

If anything, they would be a branch of the Undead. For the campaign, they are their own faction.

We've lost the use of one of our computer again, the one with all the artwork, so I'm going to throw a project out for anyone who wants to try it. We need the DE Hunter, Stalker, and Assasin made. They each carry a small cross-bow like the one on the lvl. 1 fighter and short swords. We're changing the Fighter to only have a sword, and adding a leadership string. They should have dark gray clothing, and a stance similar to the Orcish Assasin. Anyone who wants a shot at it go ahead and pm me your work.

lz1kwk

Post by lz1kwk »

maybe dark elves will be in a campain.like trying to take over wesnoth and you will have an army of "real" elves.