Unit Idea: Frenzied Goblin (berserker for northerners)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Unit Idea: Frenzied Goblin (berserker for northerners)

Post by Rhuvaen »

I had an idea for a berserk unit for the northerners (I think they should have one!), with a twist:

It's the only advancement of a level 0 Goblin sickle-wielding grunt-type unit that doesn't need a lot of xp to advance. Then it advances into a Frenzied Goblin, which basically keeps the stats (maybe a few more hp), but gets the berserk effect for it's only attack.

The idea is to have a wimpy goblin that will do some one-off damage as a kamikaze fighter when it levels up (frenzies as a result of battle).

Hey, and this is not, I repeat: NOT an april fool's thing but an authentic idea...
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I LIKE this idea; you put him on ideal defensive terrain next to an enemy, and you can do a lot of damage before getting killed.
Sorry for the meaningless post
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I just thought of something cool; based on your idea, and Breeble's, we have a new lvl 0 unit for the northerners; the Goblin(just Goblin) He has similar stats to the Spearmen, but he has no ranged attack, and a slightly more damaging melee blade attack with a scimitar, he can level into both the Frenzy Goblin, and the Goblin Rouser.
Sorry for the meaningless post
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I like this idea too, but when this unit gets killed, you have handed the enemy 8xp. I once proposed a line of upgrades that went like this (what gfx I had scrounged lost in forum crash).

.Spearman-Butcher-Murderer
............................\
.............................Ripper

What if the Ripper was made like this idea, only first-level, so you can either get a kamikazi Ripper or a Butcher, which would be a decent combat unit. Both the Ripper (which would be VERY hard to level) and the Butcher would level into the Murderer (goblin with an oversized sword, strong offense but weak defense).
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom