The high elves

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dtw

Post by dtw »

I can't wait to play with these guys :)
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

I'm not actually working on them for some weeks - in the meantime, you can expect to see a bunch of other stuff improve, such as the dark adept line (wayfarer has been giving some very nice help on those fellows).

Actually, I've edited the base frame of the sylph, which will be part of the faction, to a better look - this may not go in until the rest of the faction goes in, since these guys will have considerably different abilities, and hence unit images, than the current units.

dtw

Post by dtw »

Maybe you can tell me why the sylph line was dropped from the wood elves and then came back?
Disto

Post by Disto »

Because it was going to be used in the high elves but when it became clear the high elves weren't going to make 1 they put it back.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
dtw

Post by dtw »

Will they get removed from the wood elves again later? I mean, if the high elves go into 1.2 (or whatever)?
Disto

Post by Disto »

Yes i believe so.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

Jetryl wrote:I'm not actually working on them for some weeks - in the meantime, you can expect to see a bunch of other stuff improve, such as the dark adept line (wayfarer has been giving some very nice help on those fellows).

Actually, I've edited the base frame of the sylph, which will be part of the faction, to a better look - this may not go in until the rest of the faction goes in, since these guys will have considerably different abilities, and hence unit images, than the current units.

Hmm... I don't know. the new face looks kind of flat compared to the old one...
XJaPaN

Post by XJaPaN »

Yep, IMO the old face looks better.
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

I like the new face a lot more, but thats just me
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

I think that the poses should differ from each other a bit more, it's hard to make a difference between the, the only differences right now are the headdresses.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

martenzo wrote:I think that the poses should differ from each other a bit more, it's hard to make a difference between the, the only differences right now are the headdresses.
Uh dude - there's only going to be one sylph in the game. :?

As for the face, I've changed it to remove the dark outline on the top of the eyes. Though it may perhaps seem the slightest bit more flat, it looks, to my eyes, to be a lot more stately and delicate, which is more important in my eyes.

Amongst other things, the presence of the dark outline gave the impression of dark eyelashes, and in my opinion, dark eyelashes (especially on the lower lid), unless a person's ethnicity causes them to naturally appear, make women look trashy. Eg, a woman from india with dark eyelashes will look fine with them, a pale, scandinavian woman with artificially dark eyelashes, will look to be, in the most literal sense of the phrase, "tarted up".*

*It can be deduced from this that Jetryl prefers women to not use makeup (or men for that matter =\ ). Lipstick is icky.
dtw

Post by dtw »

My girlfriend wears very little makeup - grrrrrr
appleide

Post by appleide »

I like high elves!
:D
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

I didn't mean the sylph, I meant the three upper units on that picture.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Arthelorn

Post by Arthelorn »

Those are all Sylph graphics. The one furthest to the left is the oldest, the middle is slighly newer, and the far right of the top three is the newest version.