Unit Idea: Headless Corpse

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

stillnotelf

Post by stillnotelf »

turin wrote:And, while "headless" has to be a trait (its just cool. :) ), I think your exact idea for what it does is rather odd... maybe it could just be the opposite of "intelligent", so it takes more XP to get to a soulless? Plus a slight HP reduction?
My idea is that a headless corpse is necessarily a blind corpse, and blind units probably can't hit very accurately. I'm not sure anti-intelligent would really be too much of a curse: the whole point of WC's is that they're cheaper than dirt, and the Soulless starts to cost you upkeep. In many situations, you'd almost rather they didn't level up.
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

stillnotelf wrote:
turin wrote:And, while "headless" has to be a trait (its just cool. :) ), I think your exact idea for what it does is rather odd... maybe it could just be the opposite of "intelligent", so it takes more XP to get to a soulless? Plus a slight HP reduction?
My idea is that a headless corpse is necessarily a blind corpse, and blind units probably can't hit very accurately. I'm not sure anti-intelligent would really be too much of a curse: the whole point of WC's is that they're cheaper than dirt, and the Soulless starts to cost you upkeep. In many situations, you'd almost rather they didn't level up.
Well, yeah, you're right there. I was just thinking in terms of trait simplicity - I usually prefer traits that change unit stats* to traits that change terrain movement or defence, and those traits to traits that give a unit special abilities.

*: By which I mean damage and # of strikes for both melee and ranged, movement, XP to advance, and HP.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

myabe whenn unit (living) die near necromancer(or necromancer kill unit) have some chances(example 20%) for create in that place WC with bad trait
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

stillnotelf wrote:
At least currently the soulless is worse than tha WC: only 4 more max damage, some hp, and costs upkeep. No use. They need to be made better somehow.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Ankka wrote:At least currently the soulless is worse than tha WC: only 4 more max damage, some hp, and costs upkeep. No use. They need to be made better somehow.
You're right, they're about the least powerful level 1 unit. Possibly increase to 8-2 melee and 5 moves, although it's really not too bad now, and if those changes are made, raise cost by 1.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

A whelp cost 12 and is very similar to the soulless.
Sorry for the meaningless post
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

romnajin wrote:A whelp cost 12 and is very similar to the soulless.
Except that it has about twice the hp and regenerates...

But, seriously, the soulless is worthless. I would any day choose a walking corpse over a soulless, as then I wouldn't need to pay the upkeep... of a unit which is barely better.
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I was about to say better, but then I thought that people might start complaining about the fact that it has similar damage.
Sorry for the meaningless post