World War II Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MonsieurIvan

World War II Era

Post by MonsieurIvan »

Hello fellow Wesnothians!

Recently I've decided to get into programming and chose to do an era for Wesnoth as my first project. I've been playing the game since October 2017, and have been bummed out that the 2 other WW2 mods at the time have disappeared from the server :(
So I've decided to try to make my own :)

It's on the add-ons server as "World War II Era", and needless to say it's currently VERY early in development, everything is subject to change of course. Please check regularly for updates and if you have any comments, feedback or suggestions I would love to hear them!

Thanks,
MonsieurIvan :D
Nyt

Re: World War II Era

Post by Nyt »

Looking really good so far. I love the unique artwork! Looking forward to the updates.
TeaIntoxicated

Re: World War II Era

Post by TeaIntoxicated »

The artwork is great. Especially tank graphics - unlike Battlefield Europe's they have actual 3d feel! I also like the simplicity of the era.
On the other hand, I suggest to:
1. Make infantry, crew-served weapon and tank recruits have different levels - infantry (riflemen, medics, mechanics) to level 0 and tanks to level 2. Costs and effectivency decreased/increased accordingly. The gap would represent historical disproportion more accurately IMO
2. Add jeeps as scouts and village-takers. Soviets had them from Lend Lease, USA produced them, and Germans had similiar vehicle - the Kübelwagen.
3. Make weapon icons a bit more diverse than just fireballs. EoMa has some useful ones, thunderstick would make a good rifle too
4. Give grenades to infantry maybe? Melee range weapon with 1 strike, not really strong; tanks would still have upper hand in cost effectivency.