Obscured Folklore Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Edwylm

Re: Obscured Folklore Era

Post by Edwylm »

Alright I managed to get a update out.
  • Wose faction is added along with some unit descriptions.
  • Wesnoth Kingdom has changed sprites to look more updated.
  • A pre wesnoth faction was added with the older/current sprites.
  • Undead was added, plague special was removed and replaced with summon ability from EoMa.
  • Dark Elves were added.
  • A bonus faction is the Drake Outcasts using the old drake sprites.
  • Other updates were fixing sprites, removing extra code, fixing some overwriting issues, and fixing/adding attack icons.
I haven't been able to work on my ogre faction or bring over the desert elves yet. I still have a lot of units and abilities to implement. Along with adding working on animation coding and sprites.
Lastly I will replace the Obscured Zeros with that of a era which revolve around the theme of campaign factions. This will be implemented next major update.
Tom01

Post by Tom01 »

I am curious about when the next major update will take place.

I consider this era to be one of my favorites and I am quite eager to see what new factions and/or abilities you can implement.

I honestly don't see a purpose for Obscured Zeros and I think a modified era with just high-level units would be more appropriate. I would also like to see more Ogre units, as currently there is only 1. I have added some salamanders to the ogre faction to increase the total units, especially since the saurians already have plenty of units.

Overall, great job and I'm eager to see more.
Edwylm

Post by Edwylm »

Hello Tom01

I am pleased that you enjoy the era. Its been a while since I have dedicated much time to updating it, I haven't abandoned it just been busy in irl and with other projects Wesnoth related and non-Wesnoth related. Currently my interests in Wesnoth has increased and I have been doing more. So hopefully I can amass a major work binge for the era. Here are some information concerning some ideas.
Obscured Zeros will be removed possibly replaced, tried doing a campaign specific factions was not working the best. Your suggestion for higher levels might work or i make a rpg style.
Concerning the Ogres I was in contact with other content makers about creating ogre sprites. the Salamanders are subjected to be reworked and placed as their own faction.
There are many factions and units to be added a issue that is going to be run into is the size of the era. I am exploring the idea of using other era's resource add-ons to cut down size. Additional I do plan on splitting Obscured into the era part and resource pack/s but this might be done when 1.16 comes out.
Some of the factions will be left for surprises for I believe they will be great addition to game play.