How about a BEAST FACTION?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rogue
Code Contributor

Re: How about a BEAST FACTION?

Post by rogue »

Doc Paterson wrote:Gigantic fiddler crabs with stone hammers that can level a forest space and turn it into grassland!

Actually, I think it would be cool if it there were some creatures with map-altering effects in the game. However, since every creature action is to either move or attack, I do not see how that would easily fit into Wesnoth. Unlike some other games, Wesnoth has no "attack target hex" sort of behavior. You must also consider that a forest hex is supposed to be the same size as a village, and could not easily be knocked down by one creature.
<rcarello>
Disto

Post by Disto »

The only way things/creatures like these would be used is in a custom campaign so you can do one but noone else will.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Disto wrote:The only way things/creatures like these would be used is in a custom campaign so you can do one but noone else will.
I'm going to kidnap you and force you to play Third World Jaguars versus Hammer-Crabs. Dawn till dusk games. Total inundation. You'll close your eyes and see nothing but Hammer-Crabs. 8)

bwehehe~

8)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Disto

Post by Disto »

Fine sure if you will make the campaigns, scenarios, graphics and if they're decent sure.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

[quote="Jetryl"]
I'm still musing over "The Revenge of the Tasties". Don't ask.

-------------------

But I must ask!

Tell.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Doc Paterson wrote: But I must ask!

Tell.
It started something like this:

Jetryl: j0
Whitey: aaa
Whitey: you must give me n76
Jetryl: uhhh
Whitey: YOU MUST DO THIS
Jetryl: but...
Whitey: FOR THE TASTIES!!!
Jetryl: uh dude
Jetryl: that's like a 170mb file
Jetryl: and the firewall blocks ftp
Whitey: NOOOO
Jetryl: just come over to my room, you wuss
Jetryl: you live, like, 200ft away
Whitey: but it's cold, and my room is all cozy and snuggly
Jetryl: your loss...

And that about sums it up. :roll:
Play Frogatto & Friends - a finished, open-source adventure game!
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Doc Paterson wrote:Gigantic fiddler crabs with stone hammers that can level a forest space and turn it into grassland!
I think we could make this work, but I think we should have a mana system for it. The way it would work, is you would have a unit, called the "engineer", that would build a structure, that you would then have other units go and collect a resource, possibly diamonds for, and then it would give you a certain amount of mana that you could use to change terrain in the game.
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

Just to add - there are map altering units - fires in Unrest in elfland of the greatest elvish pillager ever 8) . If you want to make something like that - just ask him how to...
Just bored..
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Glowing Fish wrote:
I think we could make this work, but I think we should have a mana system for it. The way it would work, is you would have a unit, called the "engineer", that would build a structure, that you would then have other units go and collect a resource, possibly diamonds for, and then it would give you a certain amount of mana that you could use to change terrain in the game.
Um... mana system? Read the wesnoth philosophy please...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

If I get a penny everytime somebody in wesnoth says "that have already been discussed".
Anyway, I could help you if you weren't a rapper.

This beast faction idea is idiotic, beasts don't just join together. But there could be some beasts to make the game more fun.
I don't know how octopusses attack people on A RIVER!!! or that one that appear from nowhere inside a little hole filled with water in dwarves doors, how the hell did he got there, he evaporated from the ocean and fell there with the rain in the mountains?
I have a great idea for an unit to be put on that lake: Loch Ness Monster
lol
there could be like an sign that says: Loch Ness, and then when an unit goes to the lake it says "OH MY GOD!!! THERE IS A MONSTER ON THAT LAKE!!!" =)
I'm not a number, I'm a free monkey
Simons Mith

Post by Simons Mith »

[Monkey] Like it says in the scenario, "The legend was true! There are always tentacled creatures hiding in the lakes near the Dwarven Kingdoms"
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

monster, not a Cuttle Fish
I think it would be something more like this:
he could be name nessie =)
Last edited by Monkey on February 23rd, 2005, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a number, I'm a free monkey
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

turin wrote:
Glowing Fish wrote: I think we could make this work, but I think we should have a mana system for it. The way it would work, is you would have a unit, called the "engineer", that would build a structure, that you would then have other units go and collect a resource, possibly diamonds for, and then it would give you a certain amount of mana that you could use to change terrain in the game.
Um... mana system? Read the wesnoth philosophy please...
My suggestion was actually supposed to be a collection of the worst, anti-Wesnoth ideas ever.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Glowing Fish wrote:My suggestion was actually supposed to be a collection of the worst, anti-Wesnoth ideas ever.
You should've replaced the 'hammers' with 'guns', then, and suggested that they always hit.

Ugh. :D
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Glowing Fish wrote:My suggestion was actually supposed to be a collection of the worst, anti-Wesnoth ideas ever.
You should've replaced the 'hammers' with 'guns', then, and suggested that they always hit.

Ugh. :D

The Giant-Crab spy/espionage program is very strong. Some think they may have advanced GUN technology before the year's end. The plan is to steal the schematics from a prominent drake scientist. :P
without your noses.