Vampire Units

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Monkey

Post by Monkey »

I thought werewolf was half man and half wolf, that's why in my opinion not only men should be able to turn into one, but also some wolves
I'm not a number, I'm a free monkey
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Monkey wrote:I thought werewolf was half man and half wolf,
Completely wrong. A Werewolf is a human who, when the full moon is in the sky, turns into a wolf. No halves whatsoever.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

no, if you had knoledge of most werewolf literature you would know you are completly wrong. That is a myth so it's not something that cannot change. Most books/comics show werewolves as a huge monster that looks like a wolf, but completly different.
Attachments
Werewolf.jpg
Werewolf.jpg (2.37 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

If you look at werewolf mythology, a werewolf is a man who turns into a wolf at full moon.

If you look at more recent werewolf stories, there's a huge variation in werewolves - some turn into hybrids, some shift whenever they want, etc, etc.

While I see no need to limit ourselves to the 'canon', I also see no need for a werewolf unit.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

I think wesnoth players have an inner desire to argue,
Sagel, I got angry when EP said "completely wrong, but you understood my idea that this kind of thing is not unchangeable (whatever word that is), so the idea of him turning himself into wolf may be accepted or not, thanks for the opinion. But I'm not arguing if this unit (that doesn't even have picture or file yet) should be put in the game. I was thinking about it in a personal campaign, I don't care if it is used in the main game or not. But I'll wait for big bad joe to show the one he is making for me to do anything. I'm busy these days anyway, I'll have to wait to do something.
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

Thanks a lot monkey, I will PM you when I decide to let the GIMP win.. 8) I am not a artist after all :cry: ( What about Wesnoth legal system??)
Just bored..
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Big Bad Joe wrote:I am not a artist after all
Yeah me neither, I draw a little, compose some music, write some texts but it's not enought. Almost everywhere I find someone that kills me in drawing, makes the songs I make look like babies compositions, and uncourages me to finish writing my book after I read their texts. And no, my own language does not sux as much as my english does lol.
All I wanted to be was an artist of any kind, I just love to create things. If I were good in any of this I would drop law school and do anything else even if it means becoming poor.
Don't worry about your units not being any good, I understand how it feels, even more here where there are many great drawers. But I guess it's truth no matter how good (or bad) you are, there is always someone better than you. So do whatever you want and don't worry if it's not good, not that you should stop improving, but you can't be desencouraged.