Enhanced Great War era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

irendie

Enhanced Great War era

Post by irendie »

Enhanced Great War era
Consists of 2 eras:

Original Great War:
A formerly mainline era discontinued in version 1.6. Contains the Alliances of Light and Darkness uses mainline units.
Added random faction. Slightly unbalanced.
Based on Great War era by Shield.

Enhanced Great War:
Tried to make new Great War.
Consists of 3 factions: Alliance of Light, Alliance of Darkness and Balance Keepers. Uses mainline units.
Slightly unbalanced - balance in progress."
Todo:
Balance Enhanced Great War (suggestions are welcome)

Changelog:
1.3.0.1: Bugfix
1.3.0.0:
Enhanced Great War: Now consists of 3 factions - Alliance of Light and Alliance of Darkness and Balance Keepers. This should improve balance greatly (or make it worse greatly... Testing needed.). Units from War of Legends era deleted.
Test Great War: deleted
1.2.0.1 - Bugfix
1.2.0.0 - Enhanced Great War: Moved drakes to Aliance of Light, added more units to Alliance of Darkness (including some from War of Legends era) for balance reasons.
1.1.1 - Bugfix
1.1.0 - Added Enhanced Great War
1.0.2 - Bugfix
1.0.1 - Bugfix
1.0.0 - Released
Last edited by irendie on May 18th, 2017, 3:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Sorry for my English - it isn´t my native language.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Enhanced Great War era

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Balancing factions with massive recruit lists are next to impossible but I have some requests.
1. Please add drakes to "Alliance of Light". They are lawful and can mix better with Loyalists and Merfolk.
2. Don't add the Khalifate. By faction choice, they fall into the Alliance of Light, so that faction will have a momentous advantage over the other faction.
3. Add more factions to Alliance of Darkness. It only consists of Outlaws, Undead, Saurians, and the Northerners faction.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
irendie

Post by irendie »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
Balancing factions with massive recruit lists are next to impossible but I have some requests.
1. Please add drakes to "Alliance of Light". They are lawful and can mix better with Loyalists and Merfolk.
2. Don't add the Khalifate. By faction choice, they fall into the Alliance of Light, so that faction will have a momentous advantage over the other faction.
3. Add more factions to Alliance of Darkness. It only consists of Outlaws, Undead, Saurians, and the Northerners faction.
I know its nearly impossible to balance so many units. I released new version (1.2.0.0) in which I moved the drakes (even though I am not certain about balance in faction which has drakes and dwarves at the same time. But if it wont work I can move them back).
irendie

Post by irendie »

Version 1.3.0.0 released:
Enhanced Great War: Now consists of 3 factions - Alliance of Light and Alliance of Darkness and Balance Keepers. This should improve balance greatly (or make it worse greatly... Testing needed.). Units from War of Legends era deleted.
Test Great War: deleted
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Units from War of Legends era deleted.
Savage :v
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
irendie

Post by irendie »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
Units from War of Legends era deleted.
Savage :v
:D They worked fine but I wanna try it this way :) Maybe I will add them in future versions but now I was trying to balance it. And even with them Alliance of Darkness wasnt able to fight against Alliance of Light. But i am not against using units from other eras. I just wanna balance Enhanced GW era and them make 3rd part of this addon with units from other eras. Even though I dont think anyone except me and my friends will play these compilations... :D