Hello, i have tried your era and i think it is really good.
I like the terrorist theme
Here are some comments:
- I love the unit animations you have made!! Particularly the hand grenade and heat rpg!
- As far as military goes it would be more likely that the 'military' would not be using a rpg but instead a law
. Of course anyone can use an RPG so it doesn't really matter
- Everyone has the ambush ability which makes it a little un-unique. Perhaps you could give some of the soldiers the concealment ability (hides in villages) and some the nightstalk ability (hides at night) instead.
- Everyone has 0% defense against all weapons. Perhaps you could classify the units with three types of armour:
no armour - faster units with lighter weapons would not have any armour. It would give an advantage against fire and cold but a disadvantage against pierce and blade
light armour - mid-speed units would have this it would give 0% defense against everything
heavy armour - units with more hp and slower speeds would have this. It would give a advantage against pierce and blade and impact but a disadvantage against fire and cold
(this is just an idea and you should feel no obligation to do it. None of the units would actually say "light armour" they just would have resistance to certain things. This then would give a reason to attack units with fire instead of impact or blade... otherwise it doesn't at all matter what 'type' the weapons are)
-The medic kit special ability's description is unclear what it exactly does. The field hospital ability is also unclear. Similarly there is no description for what will happen if you create a hospital with your medic. (i hit the button anyway
- You said that you didn't want to over-complicate the era with additional units but it might be a good idea to add a scout unit. Either a faster soldier, or a motorcycle would fill this role.
- Also it makes sense that when you throw a hand grenade it disappears but it doesn't inform it to the player. A warning in the description would be nice.
- Also it might be good for the gunner to carry two hand grenades because compared to the assault troop he has less life and melee damage which is not compensated for by the firststrike ability
One final thing is that: one of my favorite parts of wesnoth is that units can advance! Because of this i would strongly encourage you to make at least level 2 advancements for some units. These advancements don't have to be huge, and i would recommend not giving it to every unit but only to units that are not specialists.
And again great era!
Hopefully this was helpful!