Anyone Interested In Making A Star Wars Addon?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lordusan

Anyone Interested In Making A Star Wars Addon?

Post by lordusan »

Hello

I'd like to start this post of by prefacing that I lack the important skills in making a Star Wars add-on. I can't really code, and my art skills are weak (attached below is an example of Anakin Skywalker). The only thing I can contribute are the easy parts, like troop trees/balancing, factions, races, writing for scenarios, etc.

However, I would be very interested in seeing a Star Wars add-on being created and I can see this post as sort of a 'starting point'. If anyone is interested, pm me or comment below.

Thanks!
Attachments
AnakinSkywalker.png
AnakinSkywalker.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 2848 times
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Anyone Interested In Making A Star Wars Addon?

Post by Ravana »

https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=34904#w0fpi9 wrote:Deriving a campaign, scenario, multiplayer era, faction, or other content from material to which the would-be author does not have the copyright
Background: Many have suggested a campaign/era/faction/etc. derived from The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or some other work to which they don’t have the copyright.
Result: While this sounds at first like it could be fun, this is also generally illegal, and we don’t want user-made content that would expose the project to legal trouble. We don’t want anything of this nature hosted on our add-ons servers, forums, or wiki. We also would like to keep the forums free from discussion about how you plan on doing this. It may be possible to skirt legal issues through careful research and compliance with the laws involved, but we doubt this would happen in practice.
SaulBlack

Post by SaulBlack »

There is much more loose morals in the russian community, so cruel and lawless russian wml-coders have created both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars addons many years ago. If you guy know where russian forum is, you may go there and try)
lordusan

Post by lordusan »

Ravana wrote:
https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=34904#w0fpi9 wrote:Deriving a campaign, scenario, multiplayer era, faction, or other content from material to which the would-be author does not have the copyright
Background: Many have suggested a campaign/era/faction/etc. derived from The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, or some other work to which they don’t have the copyright.
Result: While this sounds at first like it could be fun, this is also generally illegal, and we don’t want user-made content that would expose the project to legal trouble. We don’t want anything of this nature hosted on our add-ons servers, forums, or wiki. We also would like to keep the forums free from discussion about how you plan on doing this. It may be possible to skirt legal issues through careful research and compliance with the laws involved, but we doubt this would happen in practice.
Oh. Thank you.