Avian Tribes race v1.0 [Help needed]

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Avian Tribes race v1.0 [Help needed]

Post by Atreides »

Been playing this faction still and made a few mods of my own to my files. (Feels strange. I'm an ancient MSDOS gamer and am not used to being able to modify game files because they're not in text :)

1. Added a sling sound to the Alchemist. Stole it from another add-on. :)
2. Did a mass search and replace on Plauge to make it Plague as I assume that's what it was meant to say.

Am considering doing something to the Alchemists. They don't seem to have any specialty. Cure poison (only)? Slow melee attack (throw chemicals in eyes :)
mikoc5

Post by mikoc5 »

Yeah, go ahead! If this gets reassembled in another mod and you manage to improve the balancing, I'm all for it! Do toss a link to the mod once you're done with it, though, I Wanna try it out!
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

After playing some more vs undead I realized the Alchemist already has a valuable role for the avians. He's their only arcane attack. :) I also tinkered with his melee sound, used squishy (ink squirt originally). There just was no potion throwing sound heh. But since it is melee he could be throwing the liquid only and not the vial so it kinda works.

I added a fire sound to the farseer and other fireballing higher levels. Already had a lovely animation.

I reread your first post and see that getting this into 1.14 is a problem. I don't actually know WML so I doubt I can help there although I have an idea of something to try.

As for uploading my patches I'm not sure how that is done in these modern days... I suppose I can post them to this thread.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

Turns out the big birds <grin> are ready for 1.14 w/o further modification! I just copied the dir to 1.14 and played 20 turns on Innana's fort map (oooh the birds HATE the moats bewteen the forts :) and all is well so far. Technically anyways. Next fort has Dunies in it and oh my it is hard going vs them. Think I need to send mainly Hunters and Alc's against them so they don't get massacred as much by the arrow rain the Dunies can launch.