Altered era/ruleset

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: Altered era/ruleset

Postby lea » October 8th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Ahh, typers vs clickers holywar :roll: :)

I am on clickers' side and already use Double Commander but it can rename files only in one folder at a time (not recursively in nested folders). Or maybe I missed something in its UI?
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (on BfW 1.12 and BfW 1.10 add-ons servers)
lea

Postby Wayirr » October 9th, 2017, 1:18 am

I guess, that it is supposed to work with search results. Maybe if you search directory for filenames and then select rename tool, it will go for files in several directories. Though I am not going to install it to check.
Wayirr

Postby lea » October 9th, 2017, 4:57 am

Double Commander's batch editing works from search results (as you described), but multi-rename is separate tool opened for currently highlighted files/folders and I could not find a way to run this multi-rename tool recursively.

Anyway, I am patient enough to do it by hand so it is not a show-stopper )
lea

Postby Wayirr » October 9th, 2017, 7:35 am

It should be doable in Double Commander. First you do recursive search, then send all found files to panel, and then they should work like if they all were in single directory.

If you can't do that, try updating Double Commander to latest version.
Wayirr

Postby lea » October 9th, 2017, 7:08 pm

Wayirr wrote:then send all found files to panel
this is the only step which is unclear to me. what particular panel do you mean? could you please post a screenshot with "send to panel" button/menuitem/etc highlighted or otherwise marked?
lea

Postby lea » November 11th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Wayirr wrote:Add-ons Altered and Altered New Sprites contain file names with special characters, namely:
Code: Select all
... ...
+ lots of files ending with (media).cfg

... ...
Are there any strong reasons to have files named like that?
another reason I forgot about: files like ...-1, ...-0 etc reference respective ...-(media) files which should be imported before they can be referenced. "(" helps to make them import first because numbers follow "(" in alphabetical (ANSI?) order. now I have to either find other character that is treated as "before numbers in alphabetical order" or otherwise make ...-(media) files import before respective numbered files
lea

Previous

Return to Faction & Era Development