The Reign of the Lords

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lordlewis

Re: The Reign of the Lords

Post by Lordlewis »

It's been a long time since there has been a post on this page, but the water god and water avatar (level 3) and water god (level 4) both have the same amount of health which is 60 and they also cost the same which is 50 gold. Also is the air avatar supposed to have only 3 more health than it's pre-advancement? Another thing is the water elemental doesn't advance into the water avatar, it says "advances_to=ROLWater_Avatar" instead of "advances_to=ROLWater_Avatar." Also the prince of darkness has only 4 more hitpoints, is it also supposed to be like this considering how high his resistance (which I think should be decreased a little bit)? Something else is the auxiliary has the same amount of hitpoints as it's pre-advancement (cavalier), the current hitpoints is 64. The jouster and the cataphract both cost the same amount of gold (58). The chevalier has the same amount of hitpoints as the warmaster (should be two words) 52 is the current amount of hitpoints. Also where did the warmaster and phoenix knight's leadership go? Also is the high custodian supposed to have only 4hp more than it's pre-advancement. The prophet of fire still has the same amount of hitpoints as the arch mage. The nemesis, woodland master and predator are a little too cheap don't you think? (The predator also costs the same as his pre-advancement). The nemesis also has only 4 for hitpoints that from his pre-advancement. If the Dwarvish annalist has inspire, should his advancements have that as well? Also can you try to make it so it is possible to get every unit in this era in a campaign?
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Awesome thank you for all the errors you have found! Unfortunately I am quite busy but I will try to fix them as soon as possible! :)

Also I do not understand the last question. Do you mean: could you create a campaign with all these units as characters. If that is what you mean: I would love to and have started a first scenario but I really don't have time for it right now so it will have to wait. :|
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

NEW RELEASE 8.2.3

MILESTONE 1 year

2 very awesome things!!

Firstly i finally got around to releasing version 8.2.3 of the Reign of the Lords add-on for 1.12 and 1.13. It is a great update with a dozen new units including the long awaited Orcish Royal Assassin (lvl 4) and a dozen new outlaw units filling the Outcasts faction. These new outlaws include the Order of the Wolf: Wolf Heart, Oath Sworn, and Honor Blade (leadership units), and the Slaughterer, and Condemner (berserking units) and a new outlaw scout line: Brigand, Renegade Horseman, Maverick Rider, and the Plunderer, and a new outlaw healer line: Cunningman, Witch Doctor, and the Grand Warlock. Also i have added a level 4 Drake Great Sword and level 5 Elvish Mystical Deadeye. Along with this a new release of the portrait add-on gives portraits to almost every unit thanks to LordLewis!! And also animation errors, bugs, and stat changes have been made.

Secondly it now has been 1 ENTIRE YEAR since i released this add-on. To be honest i am surprised i have made it this long :P so many improvements have been made since the original release. I really want to thank everyone who has been involved in helping make this era, most significantly LordLewis, ForestDragon, and IPS. But also everyone else who has knowningly or unwittingly contributed art to this era including: Inferno8 (era of magic), Ravana (Ageless Era), Lord-Knightmare (War of Legends), Dugi (Legend of the Invincibles), SFault, Mechanical, Zero Virus, Kwandulin (Carved in Stone), ForestDragon (The Golden Age), Vyncyn, and others who i have probably forgotten. I am really proud of the success i have had, now nearly every unit advances to 4th and even 5th level and the add-on has received thousands of downloads:
Original 5 Lords Reign: 1042 downloads
1.12 Reign of the Lords: 2448 downloads
1.13 Reign of the Lords: 928 downloads
Reign of the Lords Portrait add-on: 1171 downloads
Reign of the Lords Default unit advancement add-on: 2687 downloads
I don't know how many people that exactly adds up to but it certainly is a lot. I thank every person who has downloaded my add-on! :D I hope that everyone is able to have a great time playing wesnoth and able to have as much fun playing as i had in making this add-on! Also i aim for even more units in the future, khalifate, and ultimately a campaign that have all these great units... But for now enjoy... :)

Thank you,
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

Congrats! :D You have really made this something awesome. :D
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thank you, i really appreciate all your help! :)
gnomius

Post by gnomius »

Hi,

This looks like an interesting project! Quick question: if I install your Reign of the Lords Default unit advancement add-on, is it automatically applied to any Single Player campaign I may have running? Or do I need to restart the campaign?

Thanks!
Gnomius
Lordlewis

Post by Lordlewis »

So I've gotten this error a few times.
The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Unexpected characters at line start
at ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/units/outlaws/~$tch_Cunning.cfg:1
included from ~add-ons/Reign_of_the_Lords/_main.cfg:76
Also for some reason it won't let me recruit as the outcasts in the reign of heroes, but why do the mounted have magic resistance? The only one I thought would have a little less cold and fire resistance would be the plunderer considering he has more armor on, also all the mounted are lawful and they are all outlaws (but the plunderer also looks like he should be lawful). I thought the renegade horseman (who rides a deer) wouldn't instantly get 2MP as soon as he advances, wouldn't it be better if the brigand had 8MP or the renegade horseman had 8MP then the maverick rider gets 9MP. Just an small thing though. Some parts of the executioner team color doesn't work, so some pieces of pink just stand out. The scythe master probably should have a little more attack on his blade attack, it the halberd (on the scythe master) supposed to be called that? Just an idea as well, would it be cool if there was some cross over from the outcasts and the loyalists like a unit from the outcast could become a executioner, his alignment is neutral so it makes a bit of sense that he is some what loyalists worthy.
Gold is great!
Swat them bugs!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Good points! :D The reason you can't recruit is because i must have made a mistake in one of the units id's, i will fix that.

And yes i will reduce the magical defenses on the brigand (and advancements), and make the increased movement only 1 for the renegade horseman. :D
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

gnomius wrote:Hi,

This looks like an interesting project! Quick question: if I install your Reign of the Lords Default unit advancement add-on, is it automatically applied to any Single Player campaign I may have running? Or do I need to restart the campaign?

Thanks!
Gnomius

Hello Gnomius, sorry i did not respond sooner. Unfortunately the add-on will only effect units purchased after the mod is added, so all units you already have will not be able to advance to the new units.
gnomius

Post by gnomius »

Ok, understood. Thanks!
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Lordlewis wrote:Also for some reason it won't let me recruit as the outcasts in the reign of heroes
I tested it and i don't have any problem recruiting as the outcasts in either ROH or ROTL?? :hmm:
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Just an announcement, i am now working on the khalifate faction! It should be reasonable fast because LordLewis has already made many of the images needed! :D
Poison

Post by Poison »

Just out of curiocity, how do costs work with these units? Are they 3g capped or do they actually cost 4g and 5g each? Is that practical at all, how does it work in campaigns? Does your mod add some gold percentage in scenarios or...?
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Poison wrote:Just out of curiocity, how do costs work with these units? Are they 3g capped or do they actually cost 4g and 5g each? Is that practical at all, how does it work in campaigns? Does your mod add some gold percentage in scenarios or...?
Basically it works the same as having level 3 units in campaigns. Level 3's have a high price but are worthwhile because of their strength. Of course in certain circumstances, and in certain scenarios they are not cost effective and in some campaigns with limited villages and gold it may be better not to advance to level 5 (or perhaps not even to level 3) because they do cost a considerable 5 gold upkeep, and my mod does not change the campaign gold percentage.

However, they increase in power significantly, and depending on the unit a single lvl 5 can take on 5 or 6 level 1 units. Most level 5 units (aside from scouts) will completely decimate a level 1 with a single attack and even kill level 3's with one attack if lucky (take for example the level 5 elvish mystical deadeye 17-5 magical - nearly guaranteed to kill a level 3 unit in 1 attack).

Now you might be thinking "whoa, this is a bit too powerful". It may very well be that these units are over powered, and personally i feel that it is more likely they are OP than pointless because of high cost. However, since starting from level 1 takes about 500xp to advance to level 5 (approximately 55 enemy kills), i imagine that you will only get 2 or possibly 3 level 5's in a normal length campaign if you play well.

So in conclusion:

Yes they are quite expensive, but since recalling always costs 20 and these level 4 and 5 units would cost 70gold to buy normally they are still cost effective to recall.
Yes they are super powerful, but it takes a significant amount of kills to advance to level 5 so i don't think they are OP.
And, yes it is awesome to have a vanguard of 4 level 5 Paragons laying waste to the entire battlefield.
Poison

Post by Poison »

Oh ok that makes sense, thanks.